cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OOps back to usb modem

N/A

OOps back to usb modem

Whilst aggravated I stamped on my modem/router snapping it clean in half save a few wires. Back to Voyager 105 USB modem now. My query is how to set up a crossover peer to peer network for sharing just internet access. Do I need a static IP and do I need to adjust the default settings of the plus hardware. Have set up ethernet connection and appears connected at 100Mbps but have no web access. The client SFF PC is firewalled and the host has fresh install of XP home with SP2 and all current updates. I use Windows firewall and AVG anti-virus with email scanner.
6 REPLIES
N/A

OOps back to usb modem

You PROBABLY just need to run Internet connection sharing on the "Server" PC.

As I understand it that automatically sets up some kind of NAT bridge and a DHCP server on that PC.
N/A

OOps back to usb modem

On the pc with the modem set the ip address to 10.0.0.2 subnet 255.255.255.0 on the other pc set the ip to 10.0.0.1 subnet 255.255.255.0 and The magic bit the default gateway to 10.0.0.2 also set up the dns to plus nets dns servers.

You may need to reboot but it should all work you may need to tweak the firewall but other than that it should be fine
Community Veteran

OOps back to usb modem

Perhaps you should take a couple of these before you attempt it though! Tongue---->

N/A

OOps back to usb modem

:lol:
N/A

OOps back to usb modem

Am I ok to change the IP on host PC? And do I just put DNS on client PC? Thanks.
N/A

Re: OOps back to usb modem

Whilst aggravated I stamped on my modem/router snapping it clean in half .

:lol: that image made me laugh, it's the little things in life that make it worthwhile.
Please let us know if you ever put your boot through your monitor.