cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK just an easy question for u boffins

N/A

I am a complete eejit with all the technical hooha so distance from exchange has a direct link as to what speed u are likely to get right? those further away getting lower speeds than those on the door step?

Right I am 430m from my exchange I think I remember reading so how much degredation woul dthat have on the possibility of me attaining 8MB/s?

Thanks a lot

Peter
9 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

What matters is not distance from the exchange, but your line statistics - signal to noise ratio and attenuation.
You may be able to get these from your router or modem - Google on the model number, or look at the handbook to find out how.
LiamM
Grafter

However, typically, the further you are from the exchange, the worse your line stats... so in part you are correct.
N/A

thanks I did ask a question as i have a speedtouch 330 and have installed dr speedtouch but when i run the diagnostics it stops connecting to the internet at 27% says there is a proxy error, I go through the way to correct it that is recommended and I am already set up as they suggest??

HEEEEELP!!

LOL

Peter
N/A

thanks I did ask a question as i have a speedtouch 330 and have installed dr speedtouch but when i run the diagnostics it stops connecting to the internet at 27% says there is a proxy error, I go through the way to correct it that is recommended and I am already set up as they suggest??

HEEEEELP!!

LOL

Peter
N/A

HEEEEELP!!

LOL

Peter
firmager
Grafter

theres no need to repost 3 times!!
N/A

sorry its my stupid pc!!
N/A

how is it your PC, your pc only does things that you tell it to, or in the case of a trojan or backdoor what some one else tells it to do. thus iti s you that caused the the posts. Dont blame things you dont understand, just dont hit the post button multiple times!
N/A

bite me, I only pressed it once!