cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK - I am obviously missing something....

N/A

OK - I am obviously missing something....

Further to previous posts re connection problems, I have now managed to get my little green icon showing I am connected through new filters. However the TX numbers increase very very slowly and the RX hardly move at all. After 5 mins still in the 10's of thousands despite numerous attempts to open web pages. Sites are found OK; I just seem unable to suck the data in at all. The screen just stays blank.

I also keep getting a dc'ed link every few minutes or so, but it does kinda reconnect quite quickly.

I thought I would be clever and download a list of newsgroups via the ADSL connection - I reached 53 in 5 mins and then it gave up altogether.

My Freeserve dialup was way more impressive than this so far!!!

Please, please please......anyone? anyone?

Thanks

Ian
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: OK - I am obviously missing something....

> Further to previous posts re connection problems, I have now managed to get my little green icon showing I am connected through new filters. However the TX numbers increase very very slowly and the RX hardly move at all. After 5 mins still in the 10's of thousands despite numerous attempts to open web pages. Sites are found OK; I just seem unable to suck the data in at all. The screen just stays blank.
>
> I also keep getting a dc'ed link every few minutes or so, but it does kinda reconnect quite quickly.
>
> I thought I would be clever and download a list of newsgroups via the ADSL connection - I reached 53 in 5 mins and then it gave up altogether.
>
> My Freeserve dialup was way more impressive than this so far!!!
>
> Please, please please......anyone? anyone?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian
>

Hi Ian

I dont know your config or which operating system you have but I have found some USB connections to be unreliable in Win98 and XP. If you have a lan connection on your modem/router and ofcourse a network card on your computer try those.

--