cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not connected at 2MB?

N/A

Not connected at 2MB?

I migrated from BT Yahoo 512 last week and just now I've just been activated by PlusNET (well ok about 3 hours ago now), but I'm just wondering why the connection is only showing 576kbps instead of nearer 2MB? Or does it take a day or two longer for my connection to have 2MB activated as I migrated to a faster connection (2MB Plus)?
I wonder if it's the settings on my router (Netgear DG834GT)...
25 REPLIES
N/A

Not connected at 2MB?

If you migrated from 512kb, you'll still be on 512kb until you pay for a speed upgrade (£14.99)

Or so i believe...
LiamM
Grafter

Not connected at 2MB?

Migrations must be like for like. So if you migrate from a 512k product, you will be on a PN 512k product.

You can pay £14.99 for a speed increase to 2Mb, I know that... but I'm not sure how the free speed regrades work for new customers joining, since the bulk regrade order has been completed already.
N/A

Not connected at 2MB?

I've already paid for the extra £15 to upgrade to 2MB and it even says on my details in the control panel that I'm on a 2MB Plus line so I'm a little confused there...
My line is compatible with 2MB so.....
N/A

Not connected at 2MB?

The lowest Premier and Plus products available, are supplied as "upto 2Mb", so you will see 2Mb in the name.

After a migration is complete, the regrade order will be placed by PlusNet. This takes a further 5 to 7 days to complete, but seems to be completed much faster for many these days (as short as 14 hours from what I have seen).
N/A

Not connected at 2MB?

Ah that's what I wanted to know, thanks.
So I just need to wait for anything up to roughly a week now for the speed increase?
Gotcha, cheers for the help. Smiley
N/A

Not connected at 2MB?

Your link:contact us tickets should reflect when the needed order go through.
N/A

Not connected at 2MB?

Well, I migrated to +Net from Bulldog 1mb and the migration was completed on Saturday 18th. The regrade to 2mb was then put through straight away and as of 1400hrs today (21st) i am now running at 2mb.

Way to go +Net Smiley
N/A

Not connected at 2MB?

Yeah I just got the auto regrade sent to BT and it should be upgraded hopefully in 5 or so days now so I'll be very happy soon, ^_^
N/A

Not connected at 2MB?

i was with aol 2mb what will the speed be for me ++plus net 2mb 30-1 will i have to wait for thatHuh
N/A

Not connected at 2MB?

Hi,

If you are migraating in on a 2mb connection you will be provisioned on a like for like basis.

So yes you should get 2mb with Plus Net.

Welcome to the boards. Smiley
N/A

Not connected at 2MB?

Thankyou Smiley
One problem I have now though, I've now been regraded, my router mentions that I'm connected at 2272kbps yet I'm still downloading at the same speed...
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Not connected at 2MB?

Could be a couple of things.

First reboot your router to see if that helps.

If not, phone Plusnet CS as they may not know your upgrade has gone through and they may still be throttling your connection to 512K.
N/A

2mg or not to 2mg that is the question?

hi i migrated from the rather expensive and inadequate wanadoo i was on a 1 mg connection my account was activated on 28th June and still have the same connection. I understand its an UP TO 2 MG account but i would have thought i would have got a little more. I have the modem from my existing isp an alcatel speedtouch could this have any effect on connection and if so would i have to re install the modem for it to realise the capability of my connection.

help much appreciated
Bodybag Wink
LiamM
Grafter

Not connected at 2MB?

Faster speeds than 2Mb are not currently available. Do you get 2Mb speeds at present?