cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal for BT?

N/A

Normal for BT?

Just ordered my third PLUSnet ADSL connection.

The only thing unusual was that the BT line had only been installed that day. I now find that I will have to wait one week before the PLUSnet order can even start to be processed...

... why?

"Because the BT systems don't know about the new BT line! and won't for another 5-10 days!"

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ! :x

Are DELAYS like this NORMAL for BT?

Cheers, Stefan
6 REPLIES
N/A

Normal for BT?

Yes.

ADSL is provided by BT Wholesale. When your line is installed, it takes this time to send the updates accross the various departments, including BT Wholesale.

Until BT Wholesales database says you line is available, there is nothing you can do but wait.

You can however send a link:contact us to PlusNet noting the line is new, and that you expect a few days delay before the BT Wholesale systems says you can go ahead an order.

PlusNet will then normaly put your account in a state that they will keep retrying for X days, or try again in X days.
N/A

Normal for BT?

Many thanks,

Oh well at least I have something I can show the marketing manager!

He thought he was going to have BROADBAND now he is going to have one 56k 'email' computer shared between three!

and that's two trips to London rather than one!

Hey ho,

Update much appreciated,

Dont we just LOVE BT :shock:

Stefan
N/A

Normal for BT?

I hate BT LOL! :shock:
N/A

Normal for BT?

I used to work for BT 20 years man & boy- hardest job in the world- LOL :roll:
N/A

Normal for BT?

yeah im 16 m8 im considering a modern apprentship with BT as a careea even tho i h8 them but ive heard thats its a good careea for us school leavers.
N/A

Normal for BT?

BT ( or the Post Office when started ) are good at providing training and experience. Unfortunately it's now a very competative service industry, things are much more customer driven than they used to be ( as it should be), which can mean taking lots of ' shortcuts' which screws up the task management systems -for example ADSL can be ready on your line quite some time before the ISP is informed. If you're academically inclined get your 'A' levels & degree (preferably science related) and go for graduate entry - it's better paid.

Jeff Cool