cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia IP55 ADSL router ... Help!

N/A

Nokia IP55 ADSL router ... Help!

I have configured the IP55 according to instructions and it does share broadband nicely between 2 PCs; and allocates IP addresses to itself and each PC.

However the PCs either cannot see each other or seem to have insufficient privs to connect or share files, etc.

Can anybody please advise?

Thanks

Paul
paul.welbank@virgin.net
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Nokia IP55 ADSL router ... Help!

You dont say what os you are using so its hard to give advice. If its windows based you must have file and print sharing enabled and you must have enough privilges to connect. Normaly its best to have both pc with the same user name and password and dont forget to share somthing or there will be nothing to see.

If you tell us the o/s it would let us better advize you

> I have configured the IP55 according to instructions and it does share broadband nicely between 2 PCs; and allocates IP addresses to itself and each PC.
>
> However the PCs either cannot see each other or seem to have insufficient privs to connect or share files, etc.
>
> Can anybody please advise?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
> paul.welbank@virgin.net
>

N/A

The OSs are XP and 98

The XP machine can see the other but not access it.
The 98 machine cant see the XP.
both can see and ping the router

both machines have shared out directories;

I wondered whether I should use the 'Add routes' in the router config and if so how to specify them.

Paul

> You dont say what os you are using so its hard to give advice. If its windows based you must have file and print sharing enabled and you must have enough privilges to connect. Normaly its best to have both pc with the same user name and password and dont forget to share somthing or there will be nothing to see.
>
> If you tell us the o/s it would let us better advize you
>
> > I have configured the IP55 according to instructions and it does share broadband nicely between 2 PCs; and allocates IP addresses to itself and each PC.
> >
> > However the PCs either cannot see each other or seem to have insufficient privs to connect or share files, etc.
> >
> > Can anybody please advise?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Paul
> > paul.welbank@virgin.net
> >
>
>

N/A

Do both machines have a workgroup set i.e. workgroup = "home" ?
and windows file & print sharing enabled
+ required files & printers set to share (right click & select sharing on the properties tab)

N/A

> Do both machines have a workgroup set i.e. workgroup = "home" ?
> and windows file & print sharing enabled
> + required files & printers set to share (right click & select sharing on the properties tab)
>
>
>

This is a known problem between Win 98 & Win XP machines. Check the microsoft site for a soloution.

Regards,

Scott