cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy Analogue Phones

Garry
Dabbler

Noisy Analogue Phones

Do you need a microfilter on all analogue extensions even those that you do not intend to use generally but still have a phone on?

Don't see that this would cause a problem until they go off-hook.

I am having noisy telephone calls and Support have told me it is because all my extensions need filters - surely if they are On Hook they can't cause a problem until they go Off Hook.

Any body got any experience or know why support should say this?
4 REPLIES
chino
Grafter

RE: Noisy Analogue Phones

Yes you need a filter on all phones in the house, however if the phone is not plugged in then you do not need to have a filter on it.

cUnDaLl

:bandit:
Garry
Dabbler

> Yes you need a filter on all phones in the house, however if the phone is not plugged in then you do not need to have a filter on it.
>
> cUnDaLl
>
> :bandit:

Thanks,

Was trying to find the Technical Reasons why?

Don't want to install 11 Microfilters and find that the problem is not fixed. Especially since not all the lines are normally used i.e Alarm Auto dialler, Caller Display, Sky etc. (Yep Know about REN but most of them only present 0.2)

Looks like I will reverse Engineer and pull the whole lot apart.

Regards

Garry
N/A

> Do you need a microfilter on all analogue extensions even those that you do not intend to use generally but still have a phone on?
>
> Don't see that this would cause a problem until they go off-hook.
>
> I am having noisy telephone calls and Support have told me it is because all my extensions need filters - surely if they are On Hook they can't cause a problem until they go Off Hook.
>
> Any body got any experience or know why support should say this?

Rather than having filters on all your telephones, it is better (and cheaper) to run 2 extensions around the house.

Have one extension for your telephone equipment coming from the phone side of a microfilter in the master socket, and an "ADSL" extension running on the ADSL output.

Regards,
Mike Holbrough
Garry
Dabbler

Why do you have to have filters on all anaoluge telephones - even the ones not likely to be used?

Can't see why phones without filters should effect phones with filters? Want to technical reason why?

Any body no why?

Have phoned BT and no line faults.

Garry