Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No webstats with Home Surf ADSL

Eserim
Rising Star

I stupidly thought that the description on this page

Link

"ADSL Home Surf does not support file sharing (peer-2-peer) software or binary newsgroup articles. [more]
For ADSL with even more features, including 250MB of webspace, advanced hosting tools and support for file-sharing (P2P) and binary newsgroups choose ADSL Home Self-Install from only £21.99 a month."

Was the only difference between Home Surf and Home.

BUT read the small print - you don't get webstats either :-(

Now I have to decide whether £3 a month is worth it just for my curiousity.

CH (Not happy at all) - Will be when My wireless router arrives in a few days.

[Moderators note (by Thomas): Display text has been added to link, so it doesn't disrupt the page layout.]
9 REPLIES
N/A

How did you expect to get webstats if you dont get webspace?? :?

Or do you?
Community Veteran

I believe you get 25/50MB (can't remember which)...

Thomas
Eserim
Rising Star

You get 25MB which for now is enough for my two sites.

But no web stats.

waiting for answer from plusnet as to whether the logs still get created or not.

But looking at the other differences as CGL/MySQL is also not included may upgrade soon anayway as a project I have in mind will need MySQL

CH
Community Veteran

Hardly small print, as the article says for more features including advanced hosting tools i.e. Webstats amonst other things then you would need to upgrade.

Don't foget you do get so much more stuff for just £3 so it's probably worth you upgrading.

Chris
Eserim
Rising Star

Mmmm agree not hidden, and I should have read it, but WEBSTATS! What is the cost of that to PlusNet? Pence surely - and extra 225MB storage, MySQL etc - yep these cost money.

Ho hum.

CH
Ianwild
Grafter

As it happens, and it isn't a particularily relevant point in the scheme of things, but webstats costs us a lot more than MySQL to run.

At the end of the day, this issue is about value, not price. We make no secrets about the idea behind the ADSL Home Surf account - It is for the lighter Internet user who basically only uses email and surfs the web.

Regards,
N/A

i found that the webstats hosted by +net wernt as good as the ones used and employed by bravenet.com, hance me using that instead. they are free too Smiley

marc

happy customer.
Ianwild
Grafter

When did you last use our webstats Marc - They have improved significantly over the months...
N/A

i dno, probbaly about a month ago. anywho, im quite comfortable with braqvenet, althoug i may try +nets out ofr ahwile, see whats changed. Smiley nice to know things do change Smiley

marc