cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal

N/A

No signal

recieved my modem today, went through the install etc etc, however im getting absolutly no signal whasoever.

Any ideas, or is it a BT problem ?

Cheers Tim
4 REPLIES
N/A

No signal

You mean the modem is not synced up?

In which case, PlusNet are aiming to send hardware out before actiation now (to arrive on the estimated activation date).

Have your receive the e-mail to say you are active, or taken a look at your ADSL tracker?

If this is not complete, there is no reason to fret yet.

If it does say you are activated, you are best raining a ticket with PlusNet. Though this may not be touched until tomorrow, possibly Monday.
N/A

No signal

hmm,... no i was activated on the 14th but the sending out of the modem 3 days before activation did not happen with me.

Ah well looks like its going to take a while before this gets sorted. No broadband for me this weekend Cry
N/A

No signal

Check your private messages.
N/A

No signal

Right...............looks like the line is active, yet i still cant seem to get a signal. However after much [censored] about i managed to connect .....once. After 5 hours [censored] about last night the only pattern i could find that would let the modem work and recieve a signal is this:

Turn on the computer, go into the modem (Binatone 500 cheapo '[censored] usb easy start' :lol: special) config section and change the ppp thinggy away from the null one. Click reboot in the config section. The next time it loads it appears to work at least 50% of the time.

No other way seems to let the modem recieve a signal and gives the impression the line is dead. Last night i even had the master socket off the wall checking wires etc :lol: Cry :roll: :x . This really hasnt been a 'Easy Start'

Any ideas appreciated,

Cheers Tim

Moderators note (John) These are public forums and can be read by anyone including young people. I have removed the swear words and disguised ones.