cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ring on phone calls

N/A

No ring on phone calls

I have just set up ADSL on my only phone line.I used it first yesterday without a filter and it all worked but had background noise on the phone. Today my filter arrived and I fitted it,great no noise,not great no calls, phone doesn't ring when filter connected. The main reason for ASDL or so I told the wife was that we could use the phone and internet ! Is this normal or have I got I dodgy filter
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: No ring on phone calls

> I have just set up ADSL on my only phone line.I used it first yesterday without a filter and it all worked but had background noise on the phone. Today my filter arrived and I fitted it,great no noise,not great no calls, phone doesn't ring when filter connected. The main reason for ASDL or so I told the wife was that we could use the phone and internet ! Is this normal or have I got I dodgy filter

Is there NO dialtone when the phone is plugged into the filter? Does the phone ring and get a dialtone if it's plugged into the socket without a filter? If the answer to all the above is yes, I'd go with the dodgy splitter.
N/A

> >>
> Is there NO dialtone when the phone is plugged into the filter? Does the phone ring and get a dialtone if it's plugged into the socket without a filter? If the answer to all the above is yes, I'd go with the dodgy splitter.

Thanks, Phone works fine to call out and it receives incoming calls but it doesn't ring at all so I'll try a new one
N/A

> > >>
> > Is there NO dialtone when the phone is plugged into the filter? Does the phone ring and get a dialtone if it's plugged into the socket without a filter? If the answer to all the above is yes, I'd go with the dodgy splitter.
>
> Thanks, Phone works fine to call out and it receives incoming calls but it doesn't ring at all so I'll try a new one
>

Sounds like a dodgy splitter to me - if two of the pins (IIRC) are not corrected properly then you can make a call, but the phone won't ring out.

Rob
N/A

I believe dabs recently had a batch of dodgy filters which had just this problem. Where did you buy yours?
Your phone should ring fine with the splitter in place.
Good luck,
Marc