cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connections available this evening?

N/A

No connections available this evening?

Anybody else experiencing trouble this evening? Always manage to connect, but can't access even basic sites like plus.net or google. Can't get mail either.

Back to the trusty old dial-up I guess. Starting to wonder why I'm paying all this money though...

Andy M
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: No connections available this evening?

Been on since about 4 pm without any problems at all.

N/A

No problems from my end ( Newport South Wales)

Even my ping rates appear to be good 22-30ms.

Perhaps it a local exchange problem.

anyone else experiencing problems??

Steve
N/A

> Anybody else experiencing trouble this evening? Always manage to connect, but can't access even basic sites like plus.net or google. Can't get mail either.
>
> Back to the trusty old dial-up I guess. Starting to wonder why I'm paying all this money though...

No need to go back to dialup! It's a DNS problem at PlusNets end. Change your DNS settings temporarily to use someone elses DNS. I'm using BT Net at the moment.

Primary DNS : 213.120.62.100
Secondary DNS 213.120.62.101

That'll keep you going until the problem is sorted. Don't forget to change your settings back though later!

Mikeapollo.
--
http://www.mikeapollo.net/

Brickinit
Grafter

> > Anybody else experiencing trouble this evening? Always manage to connect, but can't access even basic sites like plus.net or google. Can't get mail either.
> >
> > Back to the trusty old dial-up I guess. Starting to wonder why I'm paying all this money though...
>
> No need to go back to dialup! It's a DNS problem at PlusNets end. Change your DNS settings temporarily to use someone elses DNS. I'm using BT Net at the moment.
>
> Primary DNS : 213.120.62.100
> Secondary DNS 213.120.62.101
>
> That'll keep you going until the problem is sorted. Don't forget to change your settings back though later!
>
> Mikeapollo.
> --
> http://www.mikeapollo.net/
>
>

hi mike
can you explain where to change these settings to?
thanks

malc