cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection

stonechat
Grafter

No connection

No connection available this morning - have raised a ticket - anyone else having problems?

Bob
21 REPLIES
N/A

No connection

yip i got the same one.
N/A

No connection

Same here, too.
N/A

No connection

Same here too
PhillipH
Grafter

service status

i just checked their service page. its either just back up now or theres an update planned for 9am.

im at work so i dont know if its back ;(
N/A

No connection

yep all down here to Sad lets hope they sort it soon
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

No connection

Still down at time of posting.

56K is soo slow. Smiley
PhillipH
Grafter

dial up

its at times like these that adsl users should be able to use their dial up account for free.

makes sense dont it! plus would be a great selling thing for plus net Smiley
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

No connection

Still down with no ETA.

There goes my morning gaming then.

Guess I'll go watch the nutters on Trisha. :lol: :lol: :lol:
N/A

Re: dial up

its at times like these that adsl users should be able to use their dial up account for free.

In cases of needed connection I agree. This is a business thing that you are talking of though.

I for one wouldn't want to subsidise users that wish for free dial-up while there DSL connection is out.

You are aware of the prices involved to provides a service like this right?
N/A

In cases of needed connection I agree. This is a business thing that you are talking of though.

I for one would want to subsidise users that wish for free dial-up while there DSL connection is out.

You are aware of the prices involved to provides a service like this right?

So you think only business users would subsidise a free connection at ADSL down times? What on earth gives you this idea, everyone would pay for the priviledge not just the elite business user.
N/A

No connection

Having trouble here too...

The server doesn't seem able to recognise my user name and password when I go through ADSL. I wonder if it's the same problem as the last time that something like this happened?
N/A

No connection

Cheesy I'm back on now! Thanks Plusnet for the quick resolving!!!! Smiley Faster too! :shock: Cheesy
N/A

No connection

My ADSL came back on line at about 09.55 so not too bad, but i still object to having to pay for the priviledge (and of putting more money into +net and bt's wallet) for the privilege of being told there is a problem.
N/A

So you think only business users would subsidise a free connection at ADSL down times? What on earth gives you this idea, everyone would pay for the priviledge not just the elite business user.

Sorry for that post.

I have revised it (missing 3 magic characters which I nticed before getting onto your post).

No, I don't see why businesses should subsidise this sort of thing, and either hand't made myself clear enough, or you got the wrong end of the stick.

Backup dial-up services are something more ofr a business. Somthing to continue sending and receiving e-mail via, while a connection is out.

If you are a residential user, and can come up with real reasons why you are going to die without your connection, then you should be looking at why you obtained DSL.

ISPs have proved ADSL is not a technology for those that want a ganrenteed connection. Why? Because they do not provide SLA's.

If your connection is important enough that it warrants a SLA, or that you have to have a connection as soon as DSL dies, then your subscribed to the wrong technology.

Here is somthing else to ponder on.

There are currently users forever complaining that they are unable to dial-up when on the lies of the friaco platform.

Should +net provide a free dial-up service for DSL users, then the same issue is going to come here during mass outages, and people are only gonna complain they are not getting there free-backup-connections money worth.

They could full well provide 100% capacity 1:1 or even 2:1 on this platform, but the prices would be insane for them.

On top, to have a platform stitting there doing nothing unless a outage occurs, is a waste of technology. Too much idle equipment, wasting away resources and time.