cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection since July.

N/A

I was wondering if anybody else has had similar problems with Plusnet to me. I've not had a broadband connection at all since the end of July. I raised an error report as soon as I verified that it wasn't my equipment that was faulty.

Yet nothing has changed, I still don't have a connection, 6 weeks later! I've now decided I've no choice but to cancel my account and find an ISP that actually will actually work. However Plusnet are still insisting that I give 30 (working) days notice and pay the final month's subscription. This effectively prevents me from getting another ISP for another 6 weeks, and I have to pay for the privilage! They are also refusing to reimburse me because 'broadband is not guaranteed'. Plusnet have confirmed that the problem is in the local exchange, but clearly nobody is doing anything about it.

It's all so frustrating. The support line wait takes hours, so I haven't been able to speak to anybody about this. My questions take days to get answered and the answers are usually unsatisfactory.

Has anybody else got any similar experiences with Plusnet, and any ideas what I could do to hurry things up?

Many Thanks
5 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

Do you know whether PlusNet think they have transferred you to the LLU service of their alternative supplier, Tiscali, or whether you are supposed to be on a BT product?
N/A

Hi,

Yes they do say I'm on the LLU suplied by Tiscali. I don't know if they think they transferred me or not though, or whether this has always been the case. They certainly didn't tell me they were changing anything. They did tell me the problem was in the local exchange though, but obviously havn't fixed anything.

So I'm now trying to leave Plusnet but what I'm worried about is that other ISPs might have the same problem. Have you got any recomendations for a reliable ISP that doesn't use the Tiscali LLU?
N/A

i have had the same problem with them - I think their demands that customers pay up in full before moving, despite having no servcie, amount to extortion and very poor business practice. i've reported them to Ofcom and will be taking it up with their regulator - Ofcom can tell you how to do this.
Thye are not signed up to the voluntary code of practice that proscribes witholding MAC numbers as a means of extracting payment - I suggest you look which ISPs have signed up to this as they are likely to be more ethical in their dealings with customers than Plusnet.
The icing on the cake of all my unsatisgactory dealings with these people is that they now are unable to supply LLU code numbers needed to tranfer - thus delaying my changing over. be warned - their incompetence never seems to end even when you are trying to escape them.
N/A

I've also written to OFCOM about it, I've been tearing my hair out for weeks about this. After reading through these forums I've just realised how many other people have had similar problems. How do PN get away with it??!

Has anybody had any luck getting money back from them for things like this?

I've had a look at alternative ISPs, NewNet look good and they don't use Tiscali LLU so hopefully it will just work. Now I just need to get PN to remove the ADSL lock or whatever it is from my phone line although god knows how long that will take...
N/A

Good luck witha refund - I've been told that they will not refund me as they only issue refunds when they have fixed the problem. When i change suppliers they will no longer be investigating the problem - therefore no refund. Catch 22.
As to how they get away with it - that i can't tell you. leave asap would be my advice