cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection for 3 weeks

N/A

Hi All,

I haven't got broadband connection for nearly 3 weeks (I think i.e the day they have started to upgrade me from 2 mb to 8mb). I have posted in ADSLGuide and called so many times to cusomer support and still I havn't got any luck with the connection. It is stopping at verifying username stage and giving the message remote computer did not respond. Modem is synchronizing fine but I am not receiving any packets. Can anyone help me as it is 3 weeks by now?

Thanks
8 REPLIES
N/A

Can't help you! Can give u sympathy have been in same boat for a month what modem/router and system u using?
N/A

Speedtouch modem 330
N/A

i had the same problem when i got upgraded i hade a bt voyager modem it held the connection for about a minute or so and then steartded training again i borrowed a router of my mate and then there were no problems at all.........check to see if your modem can support faster speeds Smiley
N/A

They have downgraded me to 150K user to check whether I will be able to connect or not? Even with low speeds as well I can't connect. Previously I was able to connect upto 2MB without any issues.
N/A

I have the same problems with a D-link and Linksys wireless routers/modems ... Its so stressful .... is there anyway we can get our money back? I need to contact Plusnet to get a MAC code (lets me transfer to another ISP) ... anyone done this ? I suppose they're not that helpful ... I wish I hadn't chosen Plusnet ... I will NOT be recommending them to anyone :-(
N/A

You have my sympathy. Just had a resolve to my similar problems after more than a month of no connection. See thread:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43887

Skip to the end for solution to my problem.
N/A

Hey guys

Guess what went out and bought a router solved the problem with access Smiley as i can now get connected. However download speeds are very very slow Sad
approx 400 kbps uS. So still a long way to go.

In my very limited opinion I would say that the reason that a lot of people are having these vconnection problems is because the lines are sooooo slow and it drops out because it thinks the server is not responding.....?
N/A

What type/make of router did u get ?