cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection at all for 12 days now and counting...

N/A

Have been without any sort of a broadband connection now for almost 2 weeks, although I was billed as normal. Attempts to contact support nigh on impossible due to constant engaged tone or, on rare occasions when I have got through, recorded messages promising waits of 40 minutes if I care to hold.

Have followed instructions to "power cycle" my equipment, check settings, reinstall and reconfigure my modem, etc from customer support who have at no point explained why this was happening and left me fearing that it might be due to a screw up on my part. If I hadn't checked out these forums, I would still be none the wiser.

The trouble ticket I sent gave me no more help than to instruct me to leave my modem plugged in until the line could be checked. After 2 days of leaving my modem (and PC) powered up and still no connection, but plenty of wasted electricity, I am at my wits end.

My modem appears to be working as normal but all I get when I try to connect is an invalid username/password message. I have no trouble logging in to my Plusnet account using this puny dialup connection on my 2nd PC, so there seems to be no problem with my username or password.

Any suggestions?
Anyone else had problems with username/password security?
4 REPLIES
N/A

I am in a simular situation, I logged ticket no 19192273 on 18th and the ONLY response I get is when I call and wait for between 40mins - 1 hour, They claim to action tickets in four hours, so I raised a second ticket asking them to action the first ticket (as it has no update in 3 days) now the second ticket has had no action in the last 7 hours. Any suggestions other then cancelling all my accounts? ps I am currently holding on the phone for support (40 mins and counting !!! )
oliverb
Grafter

Did you include "@plusdsl.net" after your username ?
N/A

I hadn't, but I just did....... still no success :?

Are login names changing to @plusdsl.net format for MaxDSL?

Mine is currently username@pn@aihpipe.co.uk (or username-pn@aihpipe.co.uk, depending on who I speak to)

Why no explanations from PlusNetHuh
N/A

There's quite a lot in broadband that we seem to be just expected to know.

If you look up "connection settings" in the portal and then "connection details" you'll see the full username for your DSL service but AFAIK it's almost always:

<username>@plusdsl.net

The password is the same as for dial-up.