cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Adsl connection

N/A

No Adsl connection

Is anyone suffering from no ADSL connection today?

I don't know when it started but it was OK until late yesterday. So, I guess it was earlier this morning. I still have no connection and no sign of coming back. As usual, Plus net knows nothing about the problems and of no help at all.
24 REPLIES
N/A

Me too.

My ADSL connection is down as well.
So PLUS.NET has no idea about this?
My connection has been a little bit iffy the past few days.

Biggs.
nairobi
Grafter

No Adsl connection

Mine too. Greenwich exchange. Been down for a good 8-9 hours or so. Not a squeak on 'status' though.
N/A

No Adsl connection

Does anyone of you know if you are on LLU?

Your Adsl could be either on BTIPsteam or Other LLU (outsourcing of PlusNet) which is Tiscalli. If so, it is going to be painfully slow process to find out the problem and they seem to have little way to control over it. I know mine is on LLU.

Unfortunately, most of the customer service representatives don't get used to answer to the disconnection issues arising from LLU provider. So, it could be down for a long time. And making things worse,you know PlusNet customer service reputations are.
nairobi
Grafter

No Adsl connection

mine's LLU too, I believe.
N/A

No Adsl connection

there you go! This is their problem area and we are , unfortunately, right in that spot.

If you are not sure about LLU, check the email from PlusNet saying " you are moved to other network".
N/A

No Adsl connection

I'm in Greenwich too and have been down all day. I work from home and am dependent on the Internet so this is a great nuisance, my phone bill is going to be horrendous if this carries on for much longer.

I haven't received any email from PlusNet re. moving to another network, can we be moved back to the previous network?
N/A

No Adsl connection

I was down yesterday but OK today. I'm not in the London area.
N/A

No ADSL connection

MY ADSL is down too although my sych rate is normal, there is just no response when trying to connect.

I am on LLU and live in Leighton Buzzard so this seems to be a widespread problem. So why does Plusnet not say anything about this on their SERVICE STATUS pages Huh

I'm not at all impressed !!!
N/A

No Adsl connection

It looks like that the problems are arising from LLU provider, Tiscalli.

So, we are the unfortunates, right? PlusNet forgot about us and they don't even bother to put it on their "connection status". See, they have little control over LLU network problem.

I can only hope it would be OK next morning when I wake up.
N/A

No Adsl connection

I was LLU'ed without my knowledge on 29/06/06. I never recieved any emails saying anything about this but since that date my 1MB conn has been giving me sub ISDN speeds. I have had an ongoing ticket for 2 weeks with no fault resolution and the fault was evident a few days before that. This morning with my trusty dlink 504 can sync the exchange at 2.8M with ds attenuation of 55db and an ds snr margin of 5.5 but I cannot connect to the internet. On waiting 75 mins for my support call to be answered I found out that plusnet believe I am connected even though I am not. Supposedly the plusnet radius server is showing me connected for 11+ hours. I powered down my equipment for 1 hour then swopped the router for a known good netgear dg834. Surprise surprise this cant even synch with the exchange. I thought my snr margin was low so to try and improve matters I removed all ring wires from all sockets in the house. This then sees my dlink sych with exchange at 3.5Mb and the carrier signal graph shows that many more frequencies are now usuable but my SNR margin remains 5.5db.
After being thoroughly fed-up with plusnet i asked for my MAC code to migrate to a new isp. They tell me they cannot give this without my requesting it in writing. I have also asked they reactivate my line for BT as I had no option to opt-out and never recieved any emails about tiscali LLU and if I had i would have run as quick as possible in the opposite direction.So far PN refuse to do this so if i move ISP I will need pay again for activation on a line ive already paid activation for. As you can imagine Im totally pissed by all this crap.
So in summary Ive had dialup speeds on LLU whereas my 1M BT IPStream ran constantly at 700-900 and this morning no connection at all. GG PN.
Only update ive had from fault team is "we have reset your profile and believe your speed issues fixed" so I power down and up again and find its all the same as before. That was a week ago, the last time i heard anything sensible about this fault. All i get is be patient and we will fix it. Well i call nearly 3 weeks without a usable internet connection is being patient and still no sign of a dix.
I learnt a saying long ago in this game and its one thats stood me in good stead, "if it aint broke dont fix it", well my IPstream conn was far from broke and now im paying same money as i did then for god awful customer service and no internet connection at all. They refuse to cut my charges this month and refuse to migrate me back to BT. So what now?Huh
nairobi
Grafter

No Adsl connection

and, a mere 12 hours later, here's our answer:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45559

I'm sure the new 'Question' system makes this sort of thing much more difficult to diagnose, as opposed to the old 'Ticket' system.
N/A

No Adsl connection

Sad No ADSL connection all day today. Using Dial up and it is damn slow. Plusnet support on telephone is completly useless. Get as far as leaving a message and guess what the mail box is full. How stupid is that!
I WANT MY ADSL CONNECTION. Whats up with it anyway and why no message on service status.
N/A

No Adsl connection

My first call this morning reporting a line fault went to an ANSWERING MACHINE! A ridiculous way to deal with the critical issue of no connectivity!

After not getting a call back within four hours I called again, avoiding the 'report a new fault' option, and then after 58 minutes waiting (this is worse than NTHELL), I was told that they had a problem with the tiscali LLU service (this was four hours before they posted the notice on the service status by the way!).

What I was told was this wasn't Tiscali's fault, but it trying to fix intermitent connectivity problems (don't know about anyone else, but my service is fast but totally s#!t now - lucky to get 30 minutes connection) anyway, trying to fix these, they broke the whole damn thing! Plusnet, not Tiscali, they've buggered up their link with Tiscali - at 8am today.

This is getting ridiculous now - I'm using flipping dial up! I' ve been using Plusnet for 5 years, but I think I've had enough.
N/A

No Adsl connection

See what happened!

Only LLU users are affected and it took all day to post this messeage to "service status"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Authentication Problems (Ref 33690) - Update
We are aware of an issue for some customers whose Broadband service is provided over Tiscali's infrastructure. Those customers affected will not be able to connect, with their equipment displaying various error messages to this effect. We are working closely with Tiscali to identify the cause of the fault and will update when we have more information.

Kind Regards,

Jonathan Whiting
Customer Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a joke, right? Perhaps, the fact that they didn't post this messege earlier confirms that LLU users are 2nd class customers to them. Everyone with LLU(most of them are kicked out to LLU without any notice) should move out PlusNet. I am sure this is not the first incident. There will be more. It is unheard of that ADSL service is down this long without any mentioning of service status in any of ISP in UK. PlusNet is getting the rare spicies here.

I am really sorry for those who have to have internet during the day time using 0845 number to connect all day. Plusnet should refund the cost but from my experience in the past, they won't. Don't waste precious time of yours with them. Just go find other ISP but not Tiscalli (this LLU provider).