cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ADSL since early morning

N/A

We have not been able to use our broadband since early this morning. I know there was maintenance between 0630 and 0730 but it is now 1130 and still nothing. This has happened a number of time and we do feel that Plus Net should let us dial up for free on the old 56k as we are paying for a service.

Tried the phone but no one ever answers and you know what this old modem does not seem so slow after all.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Re

Ah it is back now. Switched the Router/modem off then on. Is this what I am supposed to do everytime connection goes down for a while?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

You can check the call stats here at present there are 9 calls in queue with an average answer time of under 4 minutes.

Have you shut your ADSL equipment off for an hour? It's possible that you have a stale session and the 1 hour disconnect should clear this.
I'd also try logging in with the BT Test login - bt_test@startup_domain with password set as test if it doesn't reconnect after that, then return to your own username.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Re: Re

Ah it is back now. Switched the Router/modem off then on. Is this what I am supposed to do everytime connection goes down for a while?

In a word yes. Routers have a habit of not being able reconnect everytime after a disconnection. 9 times out of 10 restarting cures this and allows the router to reconnect.