cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ADSL (No sync - light blinks intermittently)

N/A

Forgive me if this is common, but I've only had ADSL since Tuesday!

This morning the ADSL Router has only a blinking ADSL light (5 blinks, then 30 seconds or so with nothing, then 5 blinks etc...)

Co-incidentally my DECT phone wasn't working, until I removed the power from the basestation - now that's OK.

I tried cycling the router through a reboot (more than once! Smiley ) and no difference.

Then tried powering the router off. No change.

Unplugged it all and left for an hour (No power to router, line unplugged). Connected up again, Powered on. No change.

Removed all other (Sky box/phone) from microfilter. No change.

I have the microfilter connected first to the phone socket. So it is not that.

There is only the one phone socket in the house. The phone works.

Is there anything else I can try before putting my head on the line for a potential 50 pound charge for getting Plusnet to get BT to check the line?

The ADSL Router is the Odenza Wreless one. At the moment Wireless has not been enabled as I have not had time to configure anything to talk to it.

Any advice gratefully received!
9 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

If the router is connected directly to the master socket with all other equipment unplugged, what happens? Try this with and without the filter.

You may have a dodgy filter. Some Dect phones have been known to have / cause problems with adsl.
N/A

Thanks for the info.

As the ADSL cable is a RJ-11 plug, I'll obviously need to use a different cable to plug in to the wall (phone) socket.
Do I use an old modem cable (crossover), or the one from a phone (straight through)?
N/A

Hi a modem cable would be worth a try.

If you can beg, steal or borrow a filter from elsewhere that would also be worth trying.
N/A

If you can beg, steal or borrow a filter from elsewhere that would also be worth trying.

I might even resort to buying one :lol:
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Will a normal modem cable work??

I still have my 56K modem connected as back up and I know if I plug the modem cable into my PCI ADSL modem it doesn't work.
N/A

Oh well...

Tried a modem cable. Nope.
2 wire phone cable. No.
6 wire phone cable. No (no idea why it is fully wired, but it is!)
(all tried in the wall socket without the microfilter)

So off to see if I can find a microfilter tomorrow - if Maplins is open on a bank holiday :?

If this doesn't work then what? :?:
N/A

Cry

OK. Bought a new microfilter today. No change.

Just an intermittently flashing ADSL light.

Anything else before I get on to tech support?
N/A

The only other thing that hasnt been ruled out of the equation is the router.

Is there any way you can borrow another one for testing purposes? Or bring your router to another adsl enabled line?
N/A

No chance of borrowing a router I'm afraid.

Oh well, have to call tech support tonight then. Still need to talk it through with someone I think (is it the line, and a BT thing, or is it a Plusnet thingHuh) I would have called them days ago but the threat of a £50 charge (if BT check the line and it's OK) is rather offputting (so I've been without broadband since Friday instead :? )
Shame. It was great whilst it lasted Smiley