cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare of Maxdsl.. Is this normal?

N/A

Since wednesday my line has been down 99% of the time.

Apparently my line is being regraded and BT are testing it for 10 days to work out the fastest speed. This seems weird... I've had about 2 hours of connection since wednesday. Surely this is not normal Sad

My router constantly tries to connect. It does so once every 20 mins or so, then instantly disconnects 1 second later.

I finaly gave in today and bought a modem cable Sad 56k sucks Sad Only another week of downtime to look forward to.. Funny enough, whenever I use the 56k modem , my broadband router connects straight away. But I still use the slow modem for net access.

Anyway, for those wanting to upgade, just a warning that you may be faced with 10 days without net connection.
10 REPLIES
N/A

In case it's not obvious from my ramble above. Here's the question...

Is it normal to have virtually 100% downtime during the 10 day regrade period?
holdtight
Grafter

Hi there

No its not normal to have any downtime while being upgraded infact you shouldnt see any at all

Im assuming this is the upgrade to maxdsl and not other work BT are doing on your line and if you can verify this ?

The only mention ive seen regarding downtime during an upgrade is when people have been moved from ipstream over to LLU which has caused problems in a few cases of up to ten days

If this is not the case i would advise contacting customer support through a ticket in help and support and ask them to look into it for you

Bill.
N/A

Well its been happening to me for the last seven days!
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25164
N/A

No downtime whilst being upgraded :lol: - for the first 3 days I had hardly any uptime and the kids pcs simply wouldn't connect at all.
It is about day 6 now and it is all settling down.
N/A

Strangely, I've noticed that when someone is using the telephone, my DSL connection works OK. :?:
N/A

Here's a little trick I'm using right now.

Call up 1471 to check your BT messages. Evebntually BT will hang up the line, but the connection stays open, so I'm now running at 2,874.9 Kbps

This is very odd. I know if I hang up the phone then my ADSL will drop too.
vic_newey
Grafter

Hmmmmmmm sounds like your own interior wiring may be at fault, I guess you already tried the usual plugging into the master socket ? if not then you need to unplug all your extensions & try the modem in the master socket

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

Oh god, it seems when I remove the filter connected to my SKY+ box the router now works as expected.

Just so happened it corresponded with the regrade to MaxDSL. Coincidence?
shellsong
Grafter

If you want your SkyBox to be connected to the phone make sure you use a high quality filter and not under any circumstances the rubbish supplied by Sky!
holdtight
Grafter

Agreed it has to be quality the one sent out with sky plusnet etc are only just about passable at best