SendMargin_dB= 22

Sync rate of 3.5Mbps

Now at night here are my stats:

ReceiveAttenuation_dB= 54
ReceiveMargin_dB= 6
RxOutputPower_dBm= 0
SendAttenuation_dB= 31
SendMargin_dB= 22

This is when i keep losing sync, I have a filter face plate and only use the master socket. That is right next to my PC, am using a speedtouch stingray usb modem.
Samknows says i am 3.45km straight line distance to my exchange.

Would a router help with over night connection? Would it get a better speed?
Is this router any good?
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/90977

Thanks for your help.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Night Time Sync loss

I've never heard of that router, but usually any router is better than a usb modem.

My daytime stats:
d/s sync 4000
SNR 6dB
Attenuation 58-59.

Nighttime stats:
d/s sync anything from 3200 to 3780
SNR 0dB - 6dB
Attenuation 59dB

I used to have a binatone modem, and lost sync if I dropped below 5 dB. My attenuation was 63 dB then.

So I bought a netgear DG834Gv3, the adsl2+ version.
It can hold a signal down to 0 dB (but does lose sync when it goes to negative numbers). Because I have a poor line my attenuation is higher than yours. Until 5 weeks ago I had a 3000 kb/s bras profile, then something happened (don't know what) and now I lose sync a few times in the evening and my profile has dropped to 2.5, thanks to an hour or so of sync under 3424kb/s every evening. But my line stats are much worse than yours.

The two routers I know to have a reputation for holding sync on long lines are Netgear and Linksys, but I've had no experience with the Linksys. Any router is likely to be better than a usb modem, but I'd advise looking at one with a reputation for being able to hold sync at low SNR numbers.
Slipperymack
Grafter

Night Time Sync loss

Hello

The picture they are showing on Ebuyer is the same shell as of a Netgear DG834(any version). Suggest you check out the spec to see if it is a netgear clone.

I have a DG834v2 and my stats go down in the evening as well with the occasional drop in sync.

Although for some reason today I have lost sync quite a few times, (but a router will bring the connection back up immediately), I have raised a ticket about this.

Generally, as stated by alawless,the Netgear holds it sync well and is easy to use.
N/A

Night Time Sync loss

I have found that the ebuyer modem is a Safecom SART2-4115, are safecom any good?

Its only £19.99 with 5 ports (non wirless) so i think i may give it a try. Will report back with my findings.