cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice Job Guys

jlpappin
Grafter

Nice Job Guys

I just want to say that I have yet to experience any problems on the ADSL front since I have signed up almost a week ago. The guys get slagged off enough and I think it is only fair that I post something positive about them when it is due. So thank you plusnet.
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Nice Job Guys

just wait
i been with them 1 month
N/A

1 day. thats what it took for us.

the line only gets 95kbps dl too. if only we had NTL or telewest here. Cry
N/A

Jason, i didn't have problems when i fisrt signed up in April.

But give it a while, you will see.
It depends how you use your ADSL..
If you are only intrested in surfing and emailing you wont have much problems, but a 56K modem would be better for these kind of users.

For the demanding customers who pay sky high prices for a purpose of NEEDING high bandwidth then thats when you see the problems.

I know lots of people who have ADSL and just sit on Yahoo chat most of the sad, now i thought ADSL for for high bandwidth transfers.
you can access the net for this type of low stuff on a 56K modem.

Broadband is designed for speed users.
i give you a month m8, and you will come back here moaning about your speeds. although that is depandant on how you use the connection.. chat rooms? or heavy work.

My uploading had been knackered for 3 weeks now, and still no further forward. *sighs*
--
Jason
=====
espresso_mick
Grafter

I've been with them for six months or so and this was the first problem I have ever had. I have never needed to phone the support line and I stand by previous comments I have made that PlusNet is the best ISP I have ever used.
Remember the recent problems were caused by PlusNet UPGRADING, trying to improve the system for us. I know from experience that hardware (and software) upgrades never go smoothly ALL the time.

The following is my latest result from ZDNet's bandwith test.

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/misc/band-test/

Your line speed:

566.7 Kbps

69.4 K bytes/sec

So I join with Jason in saying THANK YOU PLUSNET.
jlpappin
Grafter

> I've been with them for six months or so and this was the first problem I have ever had. I have never needed to phone the support line and I stand by previous comments I have made that PlusNet is the best ISP I have ever used.
> Remember the recent problems were caused by PlusNet UPGRADING, trying to improve the system for us. I know from experience that hardware (and software) upgrades never go smoothly ALL the time.
>
> The following is my latest result from ZDNet's bandwith test.
>
> http://www.zdnet.co.uk/misc/band-test/
>
> Your line speed:
>
> 566.7 Kbps
>
> 69.4 K bytes/sec
>
> So I join with Jason in saying THANK YOU PLUSNET.

I respect the opinions of the dudes who are having problems. I mean I am sure I will experience my own problems at some stage as I do read the complaints. I am just hoping that by the time I reach my first month anniversary that their problem is fixed. Otherwise I won't bitch and moan because I have a monthly contract and about 10 other ISP to choose from. Saying that if they keep giving me the good service they have so far, I will stick with them. Their web portal is the best by far I have ever seen and at least they admit there is a problem.
N/A

Your line speed:

191.3 Kbps

23.4 K bytes/sec

yay.