cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newsgroups

N/A

Newsgroups

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how I can use "Newsgroups" and how I can access them?

I am particularly interested in the VCD-rip newsgroups...

I have a nasty feeling that on Plusnet we cannot access these... I know that Telewest offer all of alt.binaries.* newsgroups...

Cheers,

Amit
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Newsgroups

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone please tell me how I can use "Newsgroups" and how I can access them?
>
> I am particularly interested in the VCD-rip newsgroups...
>
> I have a nasty feeling that on Plusnet we cannot access these... I know that Telewest offer all of alt.binaries.* newsgroups...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Amit

The very easiest way is to use Googlegroups: http://www.google.co.uk/grphp?tab=wg&q=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=

N/A

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone please tell me how I can use "Newsgroups" and how I can access them?

Just use a usenet news program to connect to the server usenet.plus.net

I recommend Forte Free Agent if you're using Windows (see http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php). If you're using Linux I recommend slrn (www.slrn.org).

>
>
> I have a nasty feeling that on Plusnet we cannot access these... I know that Telewest offer all of alt.binaries.* newsgroups...

Plusnet do offer the binary newsgroups, but coverage is patchy and some connection packages do not allow access to the binary groups.

HTH

Jon.
N/A

> > Hi,
> >
> > Can anyone please tell me how I can use "Newsgroups" and how I can access them?
>
>
> Just use a usenet news program to connect to the server usenet.plus.net
>
> I recommend Forte Free Agent if you're using Windows (see http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php). If you're using Linux I recommend slrn (www.slrn.org).
>
> >
> > I am particularly interested in the VCD-rip newsgroups...
> >
> > I have a nasty feeling that on Plusnet we cannot access these... I know that Telewest offer all of alt.binaries.* newsgroups...
>
> Plusnet do offer the binary newsgroups, but coverage is patchy and some connection packages do not allow access to the binary groups.
>
> HTH
>
> Jon.
>

I assume you want the movies to download, and if you want them off newsgroups be prepared to pay, nothing in this life is for free. What a shame
espresso_mick
Grafter

Just add a news account in Outlook Express.

The PlusNet server is news.plus.net

I don't know if there are any VCD groups...never looked, I prefer to pay for original disks and don't like ripping people off.
N/A

If you want to download vcd or dvds then you need MIRC not a newsfeed as that way you get the whole movie. Oftne on a newgroup one part will be missing as it has to be split and often the server hasnt enought room after all a dvd can be well over a gig.

> Hi,
>
>
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Amit

mike001
Grafter

Um sorry I mite have read this wrong...BUT you are all wrong...I download 1-2 movies a day from newgroups ...FREE...but you will not doit with plusnet ...the news feed plusnet uses is...well..um C&^%...if you are on freeservce you would not have the same problem as thay have a very good news feed

sorry if I have read this thread wrong ...but I have had a bit to much to drink :-)