cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newsgroup Problems

N/A

Newsgroup Problems

Hi,

Any idea what the problem with plusnets Newsgroup server is? I never seem to be able to download anything with binary attachments as the posts are always incomplete, and the missing parts never seem to show up.

This has been like this for ages now and I don't really want to pay for a newsgroup service elsewhere when I'm already paying for one with plusnet!

Cheers,

Tim.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Newsgroup Problems

> Hi,
>
> Any idea what the problem with plusnets Newsgroup server is? I never seem to be able to download anything with binary attachments as the posts are always incomplete, and the missing parts never seem to show up.
>
SNIP
> Cheers,
>
> Tim.

I'm also experiencing the same problem. It is very frustrating downloading tens of MB only to find the attachments are corrupt or there are parts missing!

So, is ot the PlusNet Server or the servers feeding it ....

Hugh Milsom
N/A

RE: Newsgroup Problems

> So, is ot the PlusNet Server or the servers
> feeding it ....

This has been a 'feature' of Usenet since the dawning of time. Due to the way that posts propogate from server to server it's inevitable that some disappear into the byte bucket on their travels. I actually think it's a miracle that the thing works as well as it does!

Fwiw, all the groups that I read seem to be complete, although those with a high ratio of US posters regularly display replies before originals. I certainly haven't noticd any obviously missing posts, but I don't take any of the binary groups however.

--
Slàinte!
Al

[ADSL Home self-install + Asus 6000EV]