cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie to Max ADSL

N/A

Newbie to Max ADSL

Hi all

Just wondering if someone could explain something to me about Max ADSL.

I am a new customer to PN and my line was activated on Monday 19/06/06. When I first connected i was syncing with the exchange at 4700 which I was impressed with as the BT check rated the line at 4mb speeds, and I was pulling down 470k/s.

The next day I switched my router off and when I reconnected I was only syncing at 3200, its a drop of 1.5mpbs, and its stayed that way for a couple of days now. I have tried switching the router off and on again but it still syncs at 3200.

Will my sync go up or does it only go down in the training period?

The 4700 sync was stable and generated no errors according to my routers logs so I dont know why its been reduced.

Im hoping some of you can set me straight about this.

Andrew
6 REPLIES
N/A

Newbie to Max ADSL

what kind of line stats are you getting?

MaxDSL's sync speed should fluctuate
N/A

Newbie to Max ADSL

Thanks for the reply, my router only reports the attenuation and noise margin. It doesnt give me the SNR

Down Up
Line Attenuation 35 db 9 db
Noise Margin 15 db 26 db
N/A

Newbie to Max ADSL

noise margin and SNR are the same thing, but them stats are very good. keep an eye on it for a few days, see if it goes up, because you should get near enough 8mbit with them stats, if you still have problems, put in a support ticket
N/A

Newbie to Max ADSL

Thanks very much for the information.

Do you know if PN will send me an email when my speed has been set? I have read that some people have had their rate set within 3 days. How will I know once the training has ended?

Andrew
N/A

Newbie to Max ADSL

all you can do is check this

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate

ive been on max for 17 days now and i dont even know if im out of the trial or not :/
N/A

Newbie to Max ADSL

My stats were put up after 10 days, only 9 of them I wasn't using anything, I was away.

Don't switch your router on and off too often or BT will interpret it as a line fault and lower your speed. Once it is lowered it takes 3 days of good sync rates to get it back up, and you may be able to force a change by rebooting your router twice a day at 12 hour intervals (plus recommends 8 am and 8 pm).
If that doesn't work and you still get low speeds after 10 days, raise a ticket.
You can't raise a ticket until the training period is over.