cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie needs some help!

N/A

Newbie needs some help!

It don't mater when they take your money - took mine on the 25th of September and all I get is -

Activation Date
The provisional date set for BT to activate ADSL on your line is:
13th Oct 2005 - After 12pm

Thats just a provisional date!

According to that thing on prodigynet.co.uk it has been activated for over 4 days!

I have also raised two tickets nearly 24 hours ago that have yet been seen too - it's turning into a joke.

I wonder if I raised another telling them to get fooked and put me money back in the bank they would pull their fingers out and actually crack on and sort it out.
12 REPLIES
N/A

Newbie needs some help!

Hi!

i have just signed up to plusnet after getting a new line put into my house, for broadband. (To cut a long story short, a new line was needed as orginally they put in a fibre line) I expressed to the engineer it was for boradbnd and it had to be copper.

They put the new line and and he said that he had done everything needed to get Bradband. i.e. flicking whtever switch they need.

So after this was done I place my oder for broadband and I am waiting, waiting and stick stuck on the 'BT activaing you line' thing on the order tracking. I can not understnad why it is taking so long when I know they have already done it!

It could be possible that there is an isue as I cn only get 1mb where I am?

I am trying to get hold of someone at plusnet but the phone is constantly engages. I will raise a ticket but I expect I am not going to get an answer any time soon.

Am I just going to have to wait it out? After reading some of the posts on here it doesn't seem like plusnet are too good on there customer service, something the really winds me up!

Any Advice?

Thanks!
N/A

Newbie needs some help!

Plusnet quote 7 to 10 days from ordering to connection though it can be less, your line speed will not have any affect, you may have everything ready for broadband but BT have to do the necessary work at the exchange after your order is placed with Plusnet, and that can be anytime they get round to it.

If you set up a direct debit for your intial payment this will delay thing a further few days further till you bank sets up the DD payments.
N/A

Newbie needs some help!

Plusnet will only tell BT to activate your line when they have you DD setup with your bank. I subscribed last month - It took 1 week to check bank details and then another for activation. I don't think that the 'order tracker' is very clear on this though :? !. Very happy with the service though ! Smiley
N/A

Newbie needs some help!

Hi and welcome to Plus Net and the forums.

Despite what the telephone engineer may have told you, it is highly unlikely that he did anything to speed up your adsl activation short of installing your phone line.

This process can only be initiated by BT Wholesale on reciept of an order from an isp.

As for the length of time to activation, this will depend on your method of payment. If you have made the first payment by Credit or Debit card the activation should be within 7-10 days. Making the first payment by direct debit can add a further 7 day wait while the banks authorise and activate the DD.

Keep an eye on your ticket dealing with the activation for more information. It can sometimes be more informative about progress than the order tracker.

As for support. Plus Net generally provide a high level of support. For a number of reasons this has slipped recently. However with the recuritment and deployment of new support agents this should improve.

If you have any further queries post back.

Hope the activation goes well and I look forward to seeing you in the forums. Smiley
N/A

Newbie needs some help!

Thanks for all of your replies.

I have found out that plus net orgainlly put in a order with BT for 2mb and that is not possible so they put another order in for 1mb, and BT says they can not expect it as there is another order on the line, YEP the one for 2mb! So PLusnet have said that will try again on monday and if there is not any sucess they will manually cancel the first one. Could they not do that when they tried to reorder and it says there was another order? O well, it is only a wait until monday. So, with a bit of luck the new order will go through on monday and we can go from there....

BT customer service (not for this but for other things mostly!) continue to astound me!
N/A

Newbie needs some help!

Unfortunately Plus net cant pull their fingers out of anything. Your activation is done by BT. It is they who set the date.

If you check your tickets, that might give you more information as to the delay. It is likely that BT have hit a snag.
N/A

Newbie needs some help!

I agree that is seems to be BT's fault with me but I will see how things go!

Where can I find a provisional date? I can;t seem to see this?

Thanks!
N/A

Newbie needs some help!

Hi,

When the provisional date is allocated by BT, it will show up firstly in your tickets and then the order tracker.

The ticket will generally provide more info and any snags will show up there.
N/A

Newbie needs some help!

Unfortunately Plus net cant pull their fingers out of anything. Your activation is done by BT. It is they who set the date.

If you check your tickets, that might give you more information as to the delay. It is likely that BT have hit a snag.

They can when the order tracker was showing "Activating your line" 5 days ago then it got put back too "Checking your line" again when I asked what was going on!

and I received this ticket -
Raised: 2005-10-05 22:19:56 by: Support
The following result was returned by BT Speed Checker for CLI number XXXXXXXXXXX:
Speed: 2000
The BT product ordered is BT IPStream Home 2000 Self-Install.

X = CLI Number that is not even mine, Think I may give it a call and ask if they are happy with PN sharing it with me - :twisted:

I also still have two tickets unanswered for nearly 48 hours now.
N/A

Newbie needs some help!

And now my tracker has gone back to the plusnet is checking you line bit....

Ho hum.....
LiamM
Grafter

Newbie needs some help!

I don't mean to cast judgements or anything, but you definately entered the correct number and double checked it?

Is the CLI number in the ticket similar to yours, if so, could it be possible you made a mistake during the ordering process?
N/A

Newbie needs some help!

Yes I have checked my CLI number with this one and the are very different, except for they both start with 0 and have a couple of 6's and a 7 in, but altogether different places.

Looking up the area code it seems it's from Worthing in West Sussex.