cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie...cant Ping like the big_boys!

N/A

Help! Help! Help! Have had adsl for about a week and have already 'fried' one modem/router and am now on my second. I can connect; I can browse; I can even download at blistering speeds compared to my old 56k dial-up. I CANT @#%*'£& PING! I cant play on-line games as I cant refresh servers! I've learnt all about 'opening ports' and have even found the specific port numbers etc etc. Time and time again however, my router fails the simple ping test. I appreciate that this must be something to do with my TCP/IP set up but I've done exactly what it says oin the tin and still no joy! I'm using a Qtec 584AA Modem and 4 port router. Can anybody give me any clues? Please ! Pretty please! I wanna play like the big boys. :x
3 REPLIES
N/A

I haven't had this problem with my firewalled router. If you can, try disabling any firewalls you have completely. If that works, then you need to re-enable them and test until you find it doesn't work. Then you've found the problem and need to see about locating it.
N/A

Yeah. Have tried turning off all firewalls but to no avail.Thing is, I had the same problem with my first router (which I fried when I tried to update the firmware). But that was a different make than this one and I've still got the same problem!
N/A

Are you sure it is not the game itself? Tr using a different game or system to connect.