cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to plusnet(software)

N/A

New to plusnet(software)

I only signed up a couple of days ago and am waiting for BT to register my phoneline as broadband capable.I was wondering if plusnet provide me with a programme disk(software) like aol or does it operate through internet explorer or both. :?: :?:
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

New to plusnet(software)

PN don't supply or requure a CD like AOL as no browser branding or special setup is needed.

Did you order equipment for your connection from PlusNet - if so what?

If you ordered a router then setup instructions are included as well as the information under connection settings -> connection details (on lthe left).

See the help & support section for setting up email.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

New to plusnet(software)

Hi there,

We don't provide a browser, you can use Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera etc depending on your preferences.

After checking your line it appears clear to place the order, I have resubmitted this back to BT so fingers crossed it should take around 7-10 days now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

thanks

thanks for the quick responce.I didnt order any hardware as i have a bt wireless hub so i,m hoping thatll work.I not 100% but i think it,s wireless2091
Mark64uk
Grafter

New to plusnet(software)

Are the BT home hubs not locked to BT usernames ?
N/A

New to plusnet(software)

thats good no browser i previously had aol and the thing took over my whole computer.I already have farious brousers installed so i should be fine that way.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

New to plusnet(software)

If it is a BT Home Hub then these are locked down to the BT network, however if it is the Voyager 2091 then this *should* be ok for use. It will need to be updated with the new username/password for our connection, we will email this to you nearer the time.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

New to plusnet(software)

No i purchased it from pc world so no account user names.Its not the new home hub i think its the wireless version of the bt voyager 105.bt voyager 2091
N/A

New to plusnet(software)

thanks for the help chris most appreciated.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

New to plusnet(software)

No problems, shout up if you have any more questions.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

New to plusnet(software)

lol ta.Yes I just have 1 more.How does the free overnight usage not impact on your download limit I have option 2 which is 8 gig. and what times does this range from.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

New to plusnet(software)

Between Midnight and 8am any usage is not attributed to your 8GB allowance. Only usage between 8am and Midnight counts towards this.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

New to plusnet(software)

brilliant..I checked various isp's before signing up so i did my homework and i have to say even though my broadbands not activated yet plusnet appear to have the best all round package.So get ready for alot of referrals from me.lol
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

New to plusnet(software)

That's what I like to hear, hope we live up to your expectations Cheesy
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

New to plusnet(software)

believe me you will I have always been with AOL and had more problems than enough.Also as i said before their software takes over the whole computer.So im more than pleased with the service already,and the quick responce in the discussion forums.Great so far.