cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to plusnet, a little help

N/A

Hi,
I signed up to PlusNet last week. I'll be using my existing Speedtouch 330 ADSL modem (From freeserver boooo)
Anyway I've installed all the drivers so thats all ready, what else do I need to do to setup my plusnet broadband?
11 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Is your account active? Is this a migration or a new connection?

The Speedtouch 330 should have a Connection window, where you simply enter your Plusnet Username and Password and Connect.

Failing that, try creating a new Dial Up Networking Connection, using the USB Modem, connecting to the dialup number '0' with the username and password.
N/A

I haven't had the confirmation email yet but I get a solid light on the modem and it says I'm recieving a 2.2mbit connection
LiamM
Grafter

OK, then. I am assuming you are therefore connecting via dialup now, correct? Or are you connected to Freeserve broadband?

I'm just trying to find out if you're migrating for Freeserve, or whether this is a new connection with PN. The reason I ask if because you say you're using the modem you had from FS.

If you're migrating, then this will happen on the date you specified and you can then logon using your PN username and password.

If not, and IIRC, there should be an Icon on your desktop for Speedtouch Connection. Double Click this, enter your PN username and password and then click Connect.

This work?
N/A

I'm actually at work!

I'm not migrating, I used to be with freeserve at a different property.
So its a new connection, new provider and a new pc.

I have created a new network connection in windows
I put my user name as "username" instead of "username@plusdsl.net"
and my password and left the domain empty.

Could the fact that the username was missing the @plusdsl.net be the reason why?

Also when I plug the USB modem in it pops up a new LAN connection that is 2.2mbit but says limited or no connectivityHuh
mike001
Grafter

"username@plusdsl.net "
"username@plus.net "
try both
N/A

Tried username@plusdsl.net and it didn't work.
N/A

Just looked at my account details and found my static IP and DNS servers, so I've put them in instead of allowing it to find it.

Do you think that will make a difference? :?
LiamM
Grafter

You need to actually connect first. So if thats failing, then manually setting the servers won't help.

There should be a icon called Speedtouch Connection that is created when you install the modem. Run that, enter username@plusdsl.net, your password and all should work.
N/A

all i've got is a speedtouch diagnostics icon in the tool bar.
craigbrass
Grafter

Try going into Control Panel and then into Add or Remove Programs and then removing the speedtouch drivers. Then reinstall them. The speedtouch icon should appear on your desktop which you can click on and enter :-
username@plusdsl.net for username
and your password you use for the portal as your password

Hope this helps.
N/A

I think the problem is that I'm installing the drivers from the dam dirty freeserve disc.
The drivers you download from the speedtouch website don't seen to work?