cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to PN but considering moving back to Pipex

N/A

I'd been with Pipex for over 4 years and recently moved over to PlusNet. No problems with Pipex, it was very reliable but expensive. I moved for 'up to 8Mb' and phone. The switch goes fine. In fact, much improved. From 950kps (!!) on Pipex's 2Mb service to 1900 on PN. But not the 8Mb I'd moved for. Initially, I didn't know anything about the freeze on MaxDSL. Looked at my settings and saw I was still on 2Mb. I asked PN (via support ticket) why they didn't tell me before hand and why are they still advertising 'up to 8Mb' when they are not providing that. No answer. Bumped the question. No answer. I'm being ignored I reckon. So, going from mildly peeved, I'm now pretty angry. I don't get off on being ignored. If this - and all I read here - is indicative of PN support, I may well just jump ship back to Pipex for free during my 30 days whilst I still can.

Yep, maybe cutting off the nose but I don't like what I see around here.
5 REPLIES
N/A

You wanna be careful you don't sale past that 30 day period waiting for a reply to your cancellation ticket or MAC request.

I've considered Pipex before but they don't do too well on ADSL Guide and I know people who say their ISPs have gone downhill since Pipex bought them out (Nildram and Freedom2Surf specifically). Yet I have never known anyone with Pipex themselves that wasn't happy with the service and I've known a few pipex customers, dialup and ADSL.

Was it just price that made you move to plusnet? I don't even think they're that cheap, I'm paying £21 despite allegedly saving £4 per month on referals. I know for £25 you can get a decent package on all the top ISPs.
shellsong
Grafter

They are being reasonable when they advertise "up to 8Mbps" because that is achievable if the circumstances are right-- the point is that the actual rate you can achieve is very much dependent on the line condition and length between your BT master socket and the exchange which is something that no ISP has control over I'm afraid!
N/A

I appreciate that "up to 8Mb" is dependant on the individual's exchange / line condition etc. However PN have currently frozen the MaxDSL program so there is no intention to even try. They shouldn't still be advertising it imho.

However, the toss could be argued over that one so I can let it slide. The crux for me was the ignoring of tickets.
shellsong
Grafter

Is the MaxDSL upgrading actually halted at the moment? People keep on indicating that they've been Maxed and we came back from a holiday at the end of June to find we'd been Maxed amidst much trumpeting of a halt to the MaxDSL upgrading

I would imagine that they are still upgrading but with more circumspection so Customer Support doesn't get as overloaded as it was! :roll: Wink
N/A

There's been a Service Announcement today to say that Max transfers are being restarted.