cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router ~ Can't play online games :/

N/A

Right o. Just got myself a new router / firewall / ADSL modem / Wireless access point (DG834Gv2), all is dandy. It sort of just set itself up - I didn't have a lot of input in the matter. That was fine with me, till I realised I can't play online games.

Guild Wars - downloads / installs patches fine, but then just says "connecting to Arena Net", stays at 0%, and does tiddly squat. I've had this problem before, and it ended up in a reinstall... But then I realised other games weren't working.

Trackmania Sunrise - Internet? What internet! It says "Bad proxy configuration" whenever I try to do anything net related (get updates, play online)

Tribes Vengeance - doesn't give any sort of error messages, but the gamespy browser tells me that there are 0 people online... And that my version of the game is up to date (it isn't)...

So i'm guessing I need to be setting something up, or changing some sort of settings somewhere, but I don't really know what. So, uh, ideas?

EDIT : Hmm. Just noticed, NOD32 can't connect, either Sad
4 REPLIES
N/A

You might have do some port forwarding to allow your router to connect to these games iv had the same probs with battlefield 2 etc. Check http://www.portforward.com that might help you just find your router on the list then select the prog you want to port forward
N/A

Cheers, will give it a go Smiley
N/A

or make a dmz .. and forward all the traffic to ur pcs ip
LiamM
Grafter

Damn thee...I was looking forward to suggesting that Cry

But yeh. Make sure you're running a decent Software Firewall, allow your games access through and set the DMZ of the router to your Lan IP. It will then direct all traffic straight to you.