cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New modem/router and intermittent connection

N/A

I have ditched my Voyager USB modem and installed a Dlink DSL G604T. I have 2 pc's and my client is served wirelessly. Problem is that sometimes I click on IE icon and I get a message saying connection not available. The client pc works spot on regardless and the network is fine. Is there a simple way to associate IE and my router to get consistent connections?
Also, as my LAN is reading 100mb, so how do I view my actual connection speed? It is usually 2.2 but my father in law has just signed up and got a steady 3/3.3.
Thanks for any help. Smiley
6 REPLIES
N/A

Your father's on MaxDSL.
The router's management interface should show your connection speed.
IE should be set as "never dial a connection". Sometimes you may find your router has disconnected/stalled at which time you should restart it.
Can't help you with the wireless client, wireless is the emperor's new clothes as far as I'm concerned.
N/A

Nothing happening here. Have Dlink dsl-G604T. I have 2 other pc which are fine when I am connected. Once the connection is lost I have to reboot the pc to active the lan. No amount of tweaking will alter this. What I want is to simply click the IE icon and reconnect. AM debating swapping router or migrating to other provider.
N/A

This is most likely a configuration error. If you migrate I dont think it will help.

Can you change the wired PCs ethernet port on the back of the router. Move it to Port 3 or 4. It sounds like it is getting confused where the Gateway is (your router). It may just need to be moved to another port to clean its head so to speak.

Also you might want to try settings the PC with the problems a Static IP/Gateway so it doesnt get confused anymore.

If the above method doesnt work I will walk you through how to set up a static ip and gateway, both for the PC and router. I use the same router so I am sure we can sort it out.
N/A

Thanks a lot. Have managed to get it configured though the process was torturous. Save for the odd glitch it is working much better. Wink
N/A

How did you manage to fix it? And whats the odd glitch hehe?
N/A

Spent 2 hours on phone with a guy I know who is a network mentalist. Lol! The odd glitch is the 'odd' disconnection. Being fair there does seem to be a few problems across Plus full stop at the mo.