cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New microfilters

N/A

New microfilters

I've just bought a pair of new microfilters after suggestions here that they might stop my annoying loss of connection when the house phone is used. I got the XF-1e brand. I was sceptical about their making much difference actually but they have now arrived and to my joy they have solved the problem. I post this to let anyone else who suffers from this problem know of my success. These microfilters appear much superior to those supplied by Plusnet.
10 REPLIES
N/A

New microfilters

Where did you buy them from please as I wish to get one and the best deal I have found so far was over at broadbandbuyer.co.uk for £9.09 delivered.

I am using the one that came with my Netgear router but given that when MaxDSL comes it will sync at the fastest speed it can I want to give it every chance of having a better SNR. I did read somewhere, although can't find it now, that the company are that confident that it'll improve yer connection that if it doesn't they'll refund ya.

Cheers in advance.
Community Veteran

New microfilters

The ones netgear supply are usually good quality ones. What make is it? Does it say?
N/A

New microfilters

not sure - I will check when I get home as I'm on here from work atm.
Community Veteran

New microfilters

Where did you buy them from please as I wish to get one and the best deal I have found so far was over at broadbandbuyer.co.uk for £9.09 delivered.

That is where I get mine:

Excelsus Z-420UK-A Dynamic ADSL Microfilter or the XF-1e Professional ADSL Microfilter
N/A

New microfilters

Right, I've checked and Netgear supplied me with a Excelsus Z-420UK-A Dynamic ADSL Microfilter

I thought that since I only use one in the whole house I might try the XF-1e Professional ADSL Microfilter and compare the line results.
N/A

New microfilters

I have both filters on my line, and I'm not sure how easy it would be to tell the difference. They both work very well, but on the XF-1e I've got 2 dect phones and sky connected into the one filter.

So I guess I prefer that one (and yes I have tried swaping them around :-))
N/A

New microfilters

I was just going to hop over and buy that when I realised it's the one I have XD, Freeserve actually gave people good filters afterall.....shame about the frog >.>
N/A

New microfilters

Yeah, I have DECT phones plugged in and I heard the XF-1e is better with them and I want to do everything I can to get the best results out of my line with MaxDSL being, dare I say it, just around the corner!
the_norris
Grafter

New microfilters

Hi

I got my filer from PlueNet (Solewise) with my SAR-110 router. Will these two filters be better?

I did get a replacement faceplate - but this made the SNR and Atten' worse. So using the solewise one at the monemt.

Phil
Community Veteran

New microfilters

I got my filer from PlueNet (Solewise) with my SAR-110 router. Will these two filters be better?

Probably not as most of the filters included with ADSL equipment tend to be the cheaper variety to keep the overall cost down. I would always recommend people using the ones I mentioned earlier if they are having problems.