cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member connection speeds

N/A

Hello to all, I am new to Plus net 3 weeks into my membership, I moved from Metronet to plus net to get the 2Mb service,however, I am only getting connected at 1Mb most of the time :!: even as I write this I am only connected at 1Mb but if I dial up this afternoon I might get connected at 2Mb is this the norm :?: or disconnect and then re-connect I could be connected at 2Mb.

Is it normal for speeds to fluctuate like this :?:

I have also been having some line dropping while connected.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Do you know if your line can really handly 2mb ?? Cause what i have been reading bt might have put you on 2mb, and you actually cant get 2mb. If your line keeps droping contact plus.net
N/A

Hi, I went to the BT site and checked to see if BT could supply the 2Mb, when entering my post code it said that

Our initial test on your postcode indicates that you should be able to get Broadband from BT with speeds up to 1Mb, which is up to 20 times faster than dial-up. At the moment, your telephone line is unable to support our 2Mb speed broadband package.

But when I entered my telephone number it said this.
Our initial test on your line indicates that you should be able to have Broadband from BT with speeds up to 2Mb.

When I placed my order with Plus net they said my line was OK for the 2Mb service. As I type I am now connected to plus net @ 2.2Mb :roll:

The next time I connect I might only connect @ 1Mb is it normal for the connection to change like this :?:
N/A

It should not really change speed at all. Its just ment to stay at the 2mb. I am not much of a tech guy on speeds or how adsl works but i am pretty sure there is a problem. Just raise a ticket with plus.net
Alecto
Grafter

Where do you get the speed from?
There are two aspects to it.
The first is the speed your line is synching at, which does not change (or should not), and your router or modem may give you this.
The other is the speed you are actually downloading at, at any given time, and this will vary depending on a number of factors such as time of day, what else you are doing at the time, the site you're downloading from etc.
This second number you might get by running a speed test such as Pn's or that on ADSL Guide, and it should normally be near your synch speed, but not always.
N/A

Hi,

The first speed is displayed when my modem synchronises with Plus Net as I type it is 1.0Mb

A speed test done on the Plus Net test in the members centre is 547.6Kb