cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer with random disconnects

N/A

Hi everyone, Is it just me or are a load of people getting disconnected at random?

I signed up for broadband and had it setup on the 28.10.05. And have left my computer on 24/7 and so far have not been able to get more than 8:30 hours uptime.

Ive tried everything plusnet have said but nothing has worked - and im NOT willing to pay £50+ for a BT technition to come out and fix an intermitant fault, that they probably wont find.

What am I to do. Should I leave plusnet?

Thanks for anyone who helps out

Randell
20 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I have removed the copy of this that you had also posted in the feedback section.
Please don't post the same thing in two different parts of the forums.
Its against the forum rules and only causes confusion both to yourself and other users as replies can be fragmented between various parts of the forums.
N/A

I have exactly the same problem, around 9:30pm to 10pm the internet just disconnects and i cant get back on for another half hour. Please any suggestions?Huh
N/A

Sorry about posting in both places. My connection disconnects randomly - usually sometime between 10pm - 5am. It also disconnects in the day time. As I am a student I am unable to find these times out.

Ive messaged customer services and they just tell you to plug straight into the master socket, check all drivers and change all of the hardware-eg. modem + microfilter. Doesnt work for me try it and find out.

If anybody who is suffering the same problem wants to post their local exchange/town then we could see whether it is a geographical problem.

Does anybody know of any monitoring software that detects and logs when you login and logout? If so could you possibly post it here.

Thanks again
Randell
N/A

I too am having problems. This seems to have been happening ever since I changed to Broadband Plus. I received exactly thesame advice and am in exactly the same predicament. The equipment I haven't been able to try changing are the modem itself and my house!

I am very frustrated.

My post code is PO10
N/A

fourth or fifth problem with plus.net now and i never get any help from them, always have to do the leg work myself... same as u guys... in fact its just dropped while writing this.... im sick of talking to thier customer service ppl, i guess we get what we pay for and it explains why its so cheap.
N/A

Yup, it keeps cutting out on me as i type too. I have NO idea what to do but this isn't something I can cope with much longer. It makes switching the computer off a blessed relief and that is something i never thought would happen!
N/A

They can do nothing much really .. there is a sticky note on how to minimise this problem .. including getting a better filter or calling up BT 151 (which most of the time won't be helpful either ..). Changing ISP will not resolve the problem because most of the time the problem lies on your phone line.
N/A

Well something doesn't add up. Before I changed to BPlus and was on 576KBps on EasyStart [which I had been for a year and half] I was doing fine. No drop outs, happily surfing and downloading. Then the upgrade to 2MBps and then the change to BPlus and it's a constant battle. Surely my internet experience from now on can't be relegated to being this poor when it hasn't always been this poor. I am flummoxed as to what to do but am having trouble accepting that there is nothing I can do.
ipanda
Grafter

i was having the same problem, http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet&Number=2005331&Search=true&Forum=All... and after many weeks and many visits from bt, it has been fixed Cheesy it turns out it was a "card" in the exchange, that and one of those telephone/adsl faceplates sorted it.
N/A

I have exactly the same problem. We where on 512 broadband no problems at all. Since the upgrade to 2 mbps around 8-10pm random drop outs. The modem only connects at 1 mpps because of our distance from the exchange tho.

jaitke
N/A

Yay ive now got a record of 30hours uptime - and still going. Only thing ive done different really is get a mates modem and reinstall the old phone.

Next time ill it goes down im gonna use the old modem and see if it is that.
N/A

Gone down again early this morning. Tryed the provided voyager 105 but it could not connect - saying no dial tone. When I tryed the speedtouch 330 it dialed up straight away.

Also is there a cooling off period so I can leave if this continues?
ipanda
Grafter

me and my big mouth!!!! http://tinypic.com/fbepzd.jpg :x

ah!! could be this. http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35325

fingers crossed!!! :|
N/A

Sad I too get a hell of alot of random disconnects - have reported the problem directly to Plus net. After going through the standard list of faults it could be and still getting the problem plus have done some copper line tests and are getting some failed results. I belive they have now passed this onto BT so they can have a look. Never had this issue with 512kbs and when i moved over to 1mb everything was fine. Just seems to have kicked off in the last month or so. Now it happens a good few times everyday - very annoying but at least Plus are on the case with it Smiley