cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer but having problems

N/A

New customer but having problems

Hi, Ive just got connected today and after some trial and error have got connected. I'm using a USRobotics USB 9000 modem and all seems fine only i keep losing my connection now and again.

Anyone got any ideas?
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: New customer but having problems

Does this look relevant? Hope it helps.
Saturn
Grafter

> Does this look relevant? Hope it helps.

Doh!
N/A

> > Does this look relevant? Hope it helps.
>
>
> Doh!
>

Check out youre disconnect when idle settings !!!!
N/A

> > > Does this look relevant? Hope it helps.
> >
> >
> > Doh!
> >
>
> Check out youre disconnect when idle settings !!!!

Don't know if this helps (as an addition to the above), but also check your line set-up settings (not too sure where to find this on a US Robotics, but the manual should tell you) - My modem defaults to "Automatic Gdmt or GLite preferred" but I have mine set at Gdmt. I've heard that using ANSI instead of Gdmt can also help. Also check your MTU. If its set to 1500 its too high - try 1458 or 1492. Good Luck!

Voodoomonkee

Today's Benchmark:-Downstream 471 Kbps (58.9 KB/sec) 508 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 244 Kbps (30.5 KB/sec) 263 Kbps (inc. overheads

N/A

> > Does this look relevant? Hope it helps.
>
>
> Doh!
>

Eh?
Brickinit
Grafter

> Hi, Ive just got connected today and after some trial and error have got connected. I'm using a USRobotics USB 9000 modem and all seems fine only i keep losing my connection now and again.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?

do you lose your connection when the phone rings or someone rings out? have you got filters on all points connected to phones? worth a check. do a search on this forum using and you will see what i mean

N/A

thanks for all the help peolpe. I have all of the above the only thing i'm not sure on is MTU whats that and how can it affect my connection

N/A

> thanks for all the help peolpe. I have all of the above the only thing i'm not sure on is MTU whats that and how can it affect my connection
>
>
Go to www.adslguide.com and look up MTU settings it means max transmission unit ie the max size of a packet before its split up (fragmented)

Look for a programme call network optimiser on the BT Pages as well or Dr TCP

Cheers
Jim