cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New availability checker message

N/A

This morning I got a new message on the availability checker.

Our initial test on your line indicates that you may be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides 1Mbps, 512Kbps or 256Kbps download speed. However due to the length of your line the 1Mbps service may require an engineer visit who will, where possible, supply the broadband service.

I'm hoping I don't need an engineer visit. I've had a rock solid 512 connection since last year and to me my stats seem ok. Would someone who's a bit more adsl techy than me like to glance at them and give me some reasurance? I'd like to avoid an engineer visit if possible after the guy who tried to convert my ISDN line had substandard equipment and just seemed to want to be out of there as soon as possible.

> show adsl
--------------------------- ATU-R Info (annex A) ----------------------------
Running Mode : G.DMT State : SHOWTIME
DS Actual Rate : 576000 bps US Actual Rate : 288000 bps
DS maximum Rate : 4832000 bps US maximum Rate : 800000 bps
DS Path Mode : Fast US Path Mode : Fast
NE Current Attenuation : 56.5 dB Cur SNR Margin : 24.0 dB
DS actual PSDM(C) : 00000007 US actual PSDM(R) : 0000319d
ADSL Firmware Version : 41e2be2c
-------------------------------- ATU-C Info ---------------------------------
Far Current Attenuation : 31.5 dB Far SNR Margin : 23.0 dB
CO ITU Version[0] : 00b55453 CO ITU Version[1] : 54430000
DSLAM CHIPSET VENDOR : < TI >
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Your line levels (56dB) are within the 60dB limits for 1Mb that came in today so you should be fine.

The text from the availability checker is just general information and not always correct as if canbe based on incorrect info in BT's database. Only a BT line test will determin if 1Mb is possible or not.
N/A

I'm used to the odd messages on the checker by now. I have a second line in the house (That used to be my ISDN line) and it still says I can have 2Mb even though I know I can't Smiley
N/A

I now have exactly the same message word for word as the original poster. I think it's just a generic block of text for phone lines that fall into the up to 60db category. Nothing to worry about. Basically I think everyone that used to have the 'should be able to get 512 but not 1 or 2' now get the above new message.
N/A

That was my thought too.

I wonder how busy the PN sales team are today. I'm guessing there are a lot of people applying for BB at the moment. I just couldn't go back to a narrowband connection. I think it'd kill me Smiley

I submitted a ticket for my upgrade the other day and it currently has the status "assigned" (With a message to action the upgrade). Is that the last I'll hear about it until I get upgraded or can I expect more updates when my order is placed with BT?
N/A

I've got a ticket raised to be regraded to 1mb adsl - I guess they are very busy, so I am expecting a long wait before it actually happens :roll:
N/A

yea I noticed that too, really cool Smiley spose it coincides with the BT lower requirements for ADSL.

for me it said I can have all four Smiley which doesn't do me any good..... if anything it's made it worse... hopes are higher than ever now :lol:

can I wait... nope... can I sleep... not really.....I'm like a nervous wreck

Chris