Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account start date

ipanda
Grafter

New account start date

hi

is there somewhere in the registration process to state a start date for the connection? i ask this because the in-laws will not get their new pc until the 25th of this month and obviously dont want to be connected before that date.

cheers
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

New account start date

If the activation has already been started (i.e. the order has been placed), then there is no way to define what date you want to start on, it's down to BT when they actually do the work which is usually 7 -> 10 days from when the order is placed.

If you have not yet placed the order then do it 7 days before they have their PC.

There is no way to specify when you want it activated in the order process.
ipanda
Grafter

New account start date

ok,

something similar. my uncle is on tesco.net (don't ask) and he is finished on the 12th november, that is his cut off date. he has asked for his MAC and they said it will be here in the next 5 days. when he gets it and goes through the signup process on PN, is there somewhere on there to state a start date. he doesn't want before then because he will incure(?) charges from tesco or after then because tesco are cutting him off on that date. shoud he cancel the cut off date (if he can) in case PN can't start him on the 12th?

thanks in advance
Community Veteran

New account start date

I don't thing you can specify a start date for a migration in but it's a while since I went through the sign-up process. bI also don;t understand why tesco are cutting him off on the 12th. Requesting a MAC should just start any notice period but the ADSL should not be cut off if the MAC is not used. I think you need to get clarification from Tesco what will happen if the MAC is not used. Also nomally a notice period is required when you leave and any payments automatically taken during that period.

You need to get more info from Tesco on what is actually going to happen.

If Tesco do terminate the servicve before the migration starts then it is likely ADSL will be removed and you will need to pay an ADSL activation fee again.
ipanda
Grafter

New account start date

that was my uncles fault, he had contacted tesco before getting me involved and asked them what date he could finish and asked to be disconnected on that date, i.e. 12th november. just hope plusnet can start him on that date before the "signal" goes down.