cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Zyxel modem incompatible with XP

N/A

I just joined Plusnet from f2s and wondering if I have made a big mistake.
I wish I had been able to read this forum before.

Just received my new modem the Zyxel P630 but can't install the software as it "has not passed Windows logo testing to verify compatibility with Windows XP". Is this a big oversight from Plusnet?
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

The software supplied with the modem is not PlusNets responsibility. They just supply the pckage and have no control over the manufacturers included software or compatibility issues or when the manufacturer changes the software included (as it appears to be the case this time). Router manufacturers do sometimes release beta drivers to fix critical problems and then later release the fully tested version.

Just ignore the warning and continue. It just means the modem manufacturer's driver/software has not yet been submitted to or passed Microsoft's software validation process but does not mean it is incompatable with XP (which would be very unlikely from Zyxel).
N/A

Microsoft tried to squeze more $ out of 3rd party companies by certifying their device drivers. An un-certified driver can be installed but you get this warning.
Community Veteran

I forgot to add that you should check on the Zyxel website for updated drivers as they may have a certified version of the driver now.