cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User question...

N/A

New User question...

how long does it take from signing up to being active..i'm migrating BTW

also If i am on Datastream...which I think my current ISP is using...(PIPEX) will I still get BBMax?

thanks
19 REPLIES
N/A

New User question...

Hi, Welcome to the forums!

I think it normally takes around 7 Days, but it could depend on when your old providor releases the line.

You should be provisioned on MaxDSL, since this is the standard for new connections, but if you aren't there is a thread here which will get you the upgrade inside a couple of days if its not applied automatically.The best thing to do is sit tight, and see what happens.

See you around
N/A

New User question...

Well seeing as its a migration....my old ISP won't need to release the line will they? Also my current connection is 2mb....so should i automatically connect to the MAX service then..i thought they had to connct you at your current rate then re-grade you?

or am i wrong?
N/A

New User question...

So long as they provided a MAC code, and you gave that to PN, you are correct - there shouldn't be any delay due to that.

You may also be right in thinking that you'll be provisioned at your current speed, although its hard to be sure.

I changed packages a good few months ago, and that was sufficient to trigger an upgrade to Max, so perhaps they'll apply the upgrade to your line automatically.

Once the change goes through, you will obviously no longer be able to connect to your old ISP.

When you change your login details to the PN ones, just make a note of the sync speed. If its above your current speed, they've clearly done the upgrade. If it is the same as your current sync speed, you'll have to add your name to the list linked above.

The upgrades from the list above appear to be getting completed within a day or two, so either way, you could be Max'd by this time next week.
N/A

New User question...

hi i joined on the 4th and was put straight onto max :lol:
N/A

New User question...

Nice one....here's hoping....are your speed's good then?
N/A

New User question...

yes for me live miles from th exchange Cry Went up when i changed my modem for a router now getting 2 meg was on 512 k line :lol: no dissconections am very happy with it at the mo
N/A

New User question...

that's good then, im not that far from the exchange, I'm on 2mb at the moment, but acording to BT wholesale i can get possible speed's of upto 7mb.... Smiley
N/A

New User question...

Hold tight for the ride!
N/A

New User question...

What does that mean?
N/A

New User question...

Just read the forums, we've had nothing but disconnections poor speeds etc, but anyhow, good luck and hope it goes well for you.
N/A

New User question...

Strange my sister was with plus net and never had a problem with poor speed's just had trouble squeezing MAX out of them which is why she left to go Cable......mind you that was before on 2mb
N/A

New User question...

Yes, I was put on to them because of there good reputation, but I have had a terrible time with them since July, I think the maxdsl has been a disaster, both BT and LLU platforms. Loss of connection, random disconnections, virtually impossible to contact support, the forums are full of this, speeds like the old dial up days. In a word, dreadful. I do hope it goes well for you, because if it does, it means we're all home and dry too.
Liam
Grafter

New User question...

I can confirm that your migration should be completing on IPStream Max.

Welcome to PlusNet. :-)
N/A

New User question...

Liam, could you just confirm, in case it comes up again:

Are all new contracts with PN automatically provisioned on Max, assuming that the relevant exchange is Max enabled, regardless of whether its a migration or new provide?