cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Premier Packages 4mb and 8mb... the Dangers

Walneyite
Dabbler

I requested a change on my account to the super fast adsl believing, as the site says, I was going to join a queue and be upgrade when the Exchange was upgraded.

However it seems to work differently. If your Exchange can provide upto 8mb then you'll get 8mb and pay £39.99 for the speed. However if your Exchange is only going to provide 2mb at the moment you can still make the upgrade request, you still pay £39.99 and eventually when BT make the changes you'll then get 8mb. But this could be towards the end of this year...

Can PlusNet either warn people or put in some checks so you either get the higher speeds and pay the price or you join a list and pay when your Exchange can meet your request. Surely you can't expect people to pay £39.99 for months and only get 2mb when you get the same product and speed for £21.99
6 REPLIES
N/A

I have always payed 39.99 for 2 Mb does that mean i will get a upgrade when available?
N/A

When 8mb is avail on your exchange you will be upgraded, but that could take
months. You're prob better off downgraded to £21.99 for free, then when the
8mb is ready you can request an upgrade for £14.99.
N/A

you dont suppose there is any way i could downgrade from 512 to 2mb for free do you?
Cheesy :lol: Tongue
N/A

I think that would be an upgrade lol.
N/A

there is no option to upgrade to 4 or 8 MB connections on the PAYG accounts -- does anyone know why this is ?

it says 'coming soon' but no option to request an upgrade - does this mean that the cost remains the same and we just get upgraded when it's ready ?
N/A

Re: New Premier Packages 4mb and 8mb... the Dangers

Surely you can't expect people to pay £39.99 for months and only get 2mb when you get the same product and speed for £21.99

Well yes they do. Despite the fact that 8Mb is not available. In fact they are so sure people will have no problem with this it is even available as a sign up option for new customers.

In PlusNets defence though, anybody would have to be a few bits short of a byte to actually do this.