cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plusnet User in 3 months !

N/A

Hi all, well after campaigning for my local exchange to get broadband and having reached my trigger level of 250 i have finally been given my RFS date ( which is 7/1/2004 ) well not one to mess around i got straight on to Plusnet and ordered my BB easy start up package ( and now will watch the clock for 3 months lol ) Anyway my question is what usb modem do you get with this package and also what do people think about the overall service. I have heard nothing but very very very good things, so i don't think i have anything to worry about Cheesy

Roll on 7/1/2004 !!!!!!!!!!

Bozeat goes LIVE!!
8 REPLIES
N/A

The current modem is the Binatone 500, if using XP, there is a small issue with this, however, installing XP service pack 1 cures it (it's a MS USB driver thing).

The only problem here is, that the model issued may change before you are activated, in which case, the information above is usless.
N/A

Your reference to a "small issue", acarr, brought a smile to my face! We don't all see things in terms of their place in the "grand scheme of things" and "the great Cosmic Purpose"! Wink

What you mean is, without the service pack on XP, people have been reporting ADSL speeds many times slower than dial up!

Rather a big issue, surely, since it defeats the purpose of having the thing!

But, a small matter to correct: install SP1 (or SP1a as it now is) and all is OK.

Now, what do you consider to be a Big Issue?
N/A

Oh well all is well here as SP1 is already installed, you see i moved 2 months ago to this village and where i used to live had broadband so really i left it behind but not before making sure everything i had was up to date ( well as of 2 months ago). Either way all being well, i.e lines checks , fingers crossed!!! ) i will have BB again by 7/1/04 or there abouts.

Dan Smiley
N/A

I've just ordered BB and modem and I'm wondering what this 'service pack' is for XP?

Where do i get it/what do i do with it?

Help please!!!

Cheesy
N/A

Windows XP Service Pack 1a (SP1a) provides security and reliability updates to the Windows XP family of operating systems. If you have already installed Windows XP SP1, you do not need Windows XP SP1a.

Download Windows XP SP1a (Choose either option 2 or 3 -- the full download is 125MB!!), or you may find it on a PC magazine's cover disc.
N/A

You won't find it on cover disks except back-dated disks anymore.

News from El-Reg
N/A

Hmm. I knew there was a good reason not to buy PC mags anymore! Does anyone buy the things for the magazine?

OK, for the adverts maybe?
N/A

Yes, but not as much as I used to.

I find the readers letters funny, I still get the odd tip from them, however some of them are teetering on more advanced things, which are slowing coming together to give me some good stuff.