cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PN Business Connection: Only Works During Phone Calls

N/A

I have a ticket open already with PN about this problem. It seems I can only use the connection when the phone is being used in a call. When the phone is not being used I am receiving LOS Errors constantly and when it is being used I connect with a downstream of only modem speeds (DS Margin = 4).

Now I am not bothered about this as I know it will be fixed, its just I dont know when and this is a Business line and we really didnt expect to have issues like this lol.

If any of the mods could offer an estimation of how long it will take or a PN worker could check my ticket to make sure everything is being sorted I would be very grateful. It seems BT are now re-grading my line, now I dont know if this will cause issues with the fault or not?

Help welcome!
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Check out the tutorial on ADSL Wiring;
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9996

Also try the connection with no other equipment connected, also if possible try different microfilters.

Chilly

PS There is little point in asking the forum moderators when your ticket will be responded to, they are just customers
N/A

I realise that and its not the wiring, as this was working last night fine. I dont use microfilters it is all done with dedicated faceplates and wiring. The reason I posted here was because I was asking if any moderators can tell me how long it usually takes for a fault of this nature to be fixed. Yes I realise they are customers but I am sure they have more knowledge on this subject than your average customer, if this wasnt the case then there would obviously be no moderators or no section concerning broadband help.

Also I was asking a PN member of staff to check my ticket not a Moderator (I was careful to type it as such as I do realise they cannot check my ticket information) as I did not raise the ticket because I am unable to get online until a phonecall comes through. It has now been updated with some additional information which is useful, whether this thread helped or not is another matter.

It is mainly for my peace of mind to have a thread here and if any customers have a similar experience in the future they can search the forums and see they are not alone. Also once this has been fixed I can post and ensure that everyone knows what happened and how long it took to be fixed, this also reassures customers if they have the same problem. That is what a discussion forum is for and hope you realise my post is only here to help myself and other customers, not here to call PN as this is a BT fault.

-----------------------

My ticket was updated with this info:

Result Unable to perform one-shot check Unable to get enough circuit routing information.

and

Cannot test/raise in eco as line in course of regrade.
Holding, as we will need to see if we can test/raise further once hold complete.

The next action on your Contact Us Ticket is due on Saturday 19th November at 9:00am. This ticket will remain open with the CSC - DSL Faults until this time.Additional information is provided below:

Can anyone kind out there please explain this in english?

Cheers.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Result Unable to perform one-shot check Unable to get enough circuit routing information.

This means that the test system we use (a BT system called "woosh") was not able to complete the tests successfully.

Cannot test/raise in eco as line in course of regrade.
Holding, as we will need to see if we can test/raise further once hold complete.

The next action on your Contact Us Ticket is due on Saturday 19th November at 9:00am. This ticket will remain open with the CSC - DSL Faults until this time.Additional information is provided below:

This means that we haven't been able to raise the fault to BT because there is currently a regrade order doing through on your account. From the look of what you have pasted here it is due to complete either today or Saturday, so the ticket has been put on hold until that time. If the problems persist after the regrade has finished then we can get it raised to BT.
N/A

Its fixed and it wasnt PNs fault or BTs.. Shockedops:

Due to using dedicated faceplates extensions wires were taken OUTSIDE lol, and just as PN were moving me over we had really bad frost. I am guessing thats whats broke the wiring, I am on the main socket now with wires running around the house, over floors and up walls lol.

Its working!

Thanks for help and sorry about my stupidity :roll:

:lol: :lol: Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy