Did you mean: 

New Netgear DG834G Beta Firmware out

N/A

See http://kbserver.netgear.com/release_notes/D102685.asp

Modifications and Bug Fixes

Version 2.10.17

1. Updated the ADSL driver to improve ADSL2+ support.
2. Added Knowledge Base and Documentation links under Web Support to the web management interface.
3. Moved VPN pages to the Advanced-VPN section.
4. Added VPN keep alive feature on VPN Policies page.
5. Fixed a problem with keyword blocking
6. Extended username and password fields on the E-mail page to 63 characters
7. Fixed a problem where if an SSID, passphrase, or PSK contained a space, it would not be properly restored from the configuration file.
8. Fixed a problem where the date header was missing from email sent by the DG834(G).
9. Port type is now shown on the Services page (under Security).
10. Fixed a problem with PPTP passthrough introduced in 2.10.09.
11. Fixed a problem with a special configuration where the router would not disconnect after idle timeout.
12. Fixed a problem where a long pre-shared key could be entered on the VPN Auto Policy page which could impact router operation. The pre-shared key is now limited to 49 characters.
13. Fixed a problem where the DNS proxy could fail over time.
14. Fixed a problem where changing wireless security could reset previous wireless settings.
15. Modified 128-bit WEP to fill in all four keys when a passphrase is used to generate the key.
16. Fixed a problem where the log could show the hour as "24:xx".
17. Fixed a problem where firewall rules to block by schedule may not work with a range of WAN addresses.
18. Modified LAN settings to disallow the entry and report an error when trying to use the range 224.x.x.x - 255.x.x.x.
19. Fixed a problem where Connection Status could show the wrong IP address for the DHCP server.
20. Modified DNS proxy to support MX record lookups.
21. Fixed a problem where Remote Management could interfere with hosting web servers on LAN IP address when NAT was disabled.

Netgear's site has been slow all night so I've mirrored it here
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Rob

Have you used the beta version yet? If so does it work ok and does it increase the distance.

I tried your mirror link but it said 'tut 'tut' etc...
N/A

I've fixed the link - I forgot to put the "dg834_and_dg834g_V2_10_17.zip" bit in there.

I haven't upgraded to it yet. I believe the other admin on my board has done though. He has a standard ADSL connection with PN and doesn't do anything fancy on it however I have a permanent VPN tunnel and two when requireds working off mine so I'm a little scared to try the beta.
N/A

This v2.10.17 is rock solid on my DG834G Wink

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24650
LiamM
Grafter

Installed fine on mine too. With no issues thus far.

I am now locking this thread in favour of the aforementioned one, linked above by morpheus124.