cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Help Ticket Raised. Connection Problems AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!

N/A

Well, i've just raised another ticket, this time a little less polite than the last. I wonder if I will get the help I think I/we deserve?

Thought i'd post it to show you guys I mean BUSINESS !!!!!!!!

Your comment 5:47pm, Sunday 16th July 2006
This is the second time that I have reported this fault after initially being told that the problem with constant disconnection was down to the length of my phone line. This, however, is not the case. Quite simply, I have been using Plusnet broadband for almost 12 months, and this fault has only started occuring in the last 4 weeks. Therefor, the fault is clearly not with my line. I am sick and tired of being disconnected and then getting error messages telling me that the remote computer didn't respond, or that the PPP Control Link was terminated or whatever. The customer service is disgusting - i have phone numerous times only to be either hung up on or told there's no problems with the service status. I am not happy. I am paying £21.99 per month for Broadband Premier, and am receiving less of a connection than a crap dial-up ISP would provide me. I do NOT wish to be told that the problem is with my line, when readers of your forum can clearly see that the problem is widespread amongst PN users. Kindly respond to my query this time, and actually do something, or I will be forced to pursue a refund of the last 2 months subscription fee for which you have not adhered to the contract of providing a good service. I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance. Regards, Sarah

7 REPLIES
N/A

Got this in response... doesn't this PROVE what i've just said about how it ISN'T anything to do with my line lengthHuhHuh

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 5:56pm, Sunday 16th July 2006
Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ Completed ]

The Connection checks have now completed

Test result summary: Fail

We have completed testing of your broadband service. The results indicate that the fault may be caused by a problem with our systems. More information may be available on our Service Status page.Please check Service Status.If there is no service-wide problem reported on Service Status, we will provide an update when we have more information.

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 5:56pm, Sunday 16th July 2006
Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.
N/A

That is the same response I received on my ticket.

Since the ticket was 'passed on' to the correct team, have you had any updates?
N/A

Yep.. another load of bolloc** teling me that it's my line that's too long for broadband.
Funny how i have used PN for 9 months with no problems, and it's only in the last month ive been having disconnection issues.
How have you got on with them?
N/A

Today is the first time I have had a problem. Does seem impossible to get an answer though......

What part of the line are they talking about being too long? From you to the exchange? Would be interesting to know if that is the excuse they come up with for me considering I live about 1/4 mile from the exchange (probably even closer than that!!!!)
N/A

They are trying to say that i am too far from the exchange (just over 3 miles), but for goodness sakes, it's 2006, people who live in the sticks have internet connections, so why can't I !!
Sorry, but they're bull-shi**ers - so easy to pass the buck.
I'm getting rid of PN as soon as my 1 yr contract is up in Oct.
N/A

I'm getting rid of PN as soon as my 1 yr contract is up in Oct.

Be carefull with this as you will be stung with 'connection' charges as you need to be with them for 5 years before you are clear of this (reduces each year by 20%)
N/A

Ive looked into this.. a friend had problems getting rid of AOL broadband from his line, and eventually, he contacted BT and they removed it themselves. The contract is 12 months, and as far as i'm concerned, if they go back on that and try and hinder me getting my MAC from them, then there'll be hell to pay.
Evil