cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Filter

N/A

New Filter

Hi,

I am a new user on plus net and had my connection working fine for a week or so then bang! My phone line has been giving an engaged tone for the last 3 or 4 days while I can't connect to the net.
Spoke with BT and after some different tests the guy says it looks like its one of your filters that isnt working.

Will plusnet send me free one's out or do I need to buy some myself?

cheers
5 REPLIES
N/A

New Filter

Hi Gary,

Welcome to Plus net and the forums.

If possible, try and borrow some filters to test the dodgy filter theory. Or disconnect all other telephone equipment including Sky, if applicable and test each filter in turn with your adsl connection. I am assuming that Plus Net have sent you 2 filters. Whilst not impossible, it would be unlikely that both would die at the same time. if they do prove to be dodgy, then give them a ring. they should sort you out.
N/A

New Filter

My advice is to buy some yourself, however, you do have the option of speaking to PlusNet, as under comsumer law they sound unfit for the purpose of which they are supplied.

This is provided that your filters are to blame in the first place.

My advice is to opt for some of the better filters that exist, including the XF-1e [LINK], or the Excelsus [LINK] range.
N/A

New Filter

Many thanks for your replies, I have ordered 2 new filters myself and hopefully should have them tomorrow. In the mean time I will borrow a friends filter and see if that is the problem.

Do filters crash for no apparent reason often?
N/A

New Filter

Sometimes the cheaper ones can be iffy. As phillip said, the good quality ones can do wonders for some peoples connections. Well worth it imho.

Let us know how you get on.
N/A

New Filter

cheers Guy's