cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Connection Problem

N/A

New Connection Problem

I've just got green ADSL light on on my 3com homeconnect 3cp3647 ethernet modem.
What do I do now to get the PC recognise the modem and connect via the ADSL connection. Modem is connected directly via network port and xover button in on the modem.

Help!!!
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: New Connection Problem

> I've just got green ADSL light on on my 3com homeconnect 3cp3647 ethernet modem.
> What do I do now to get the PC recognise the modem and connect via the ADSL connection. Modem is connected directly via network port and xover button in on the modem.
>
> Help!!!

Can you ping the modem?

Are the modems set up screens available from Internet explorer (IE)? The manula should have come with info on what its default ip is. It should be something like 10.0.0.2 for example.

Open IE and put in the the address. E.g http://10.0.0.2. You should then be able to configure the modem with the settings that Plusnet gave you.

What version of Windows do you use?

Let me know how you get on, i will help as much as possible.

--
Regards,

Matthew

Change someones life;
become a teacher
N/A

> I've just got green ADSL light on on my 3com homeconnect 3cp3647 ethernet modem.
> What do I do now to get the PC recognise the modem and connect via the ADSL connection. Modem is connected directly via network port and xover button in on the modem.
>
> Help!!!

Thanks Matthew for the response, but still no joy.

I tried what you said but no response from ping.

I don't have a default IP.

There is an small IP wizard program but it doesn't list the mac number so it goes no further and you can't enter the mac manually.

I tried hypertreminal, it establishes communication but then asks for a password but you can enter the CLI but I don't have a password, tried PASSWORD, that didn't work, says invalid,

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Dale

Frustrated with ADSL already and not even connected yet!!!

--
N/A

>
> Help!!!

Forgot to say I'm using Win95 on this PC but got 98 on the kids

--
N/A

> > I've just got green ADSL light on on my 3com homeconnect 3cp3647 ethernet modem.
> > What do I do now to get the PC recognise the modem and connect via the ADSL connection. Modem is connected directly via network port and xover button in on the modem.
> >
> > Help!!!
>
> Forgot to say I'm using Win95 on this PC but got 98 on the kids
>
>
>
> --

Ok, assuming you are using Internet Explorer (IE)then you have to tell it how you connect to the internet.

Open IE and go to Tools/Internet Options/Connections. Click the Never dial a connection box. Restart IE and hopefully you should be online. If you are using Outlook (Express) you will also have to tell your accounts to pick up email via your LAN. Go to Tools/Accounts and change each email account to always coonect using LAN or any connection available.

Hope this is of help.

Some good sites that might help also are www.adslguide.org.uk and look for the forums. Also www.homenethelp.com for help in setting up a network.

Good luck.>

--
Regards,

Matthew

Change someones life;
become a teacher
N/A

You should set your PC to use DHCP to pick up an IP address - go the Network in Control Panel, double-click on TCP/IP and tell it to 'Obtain an IP Address Automatically'. You'll then need to reboot Windows. (You'll need to do the same for the Win09 box). When it comes back up, go to Start --> Run and type WINIPCFG and press return. The box that comes up will then give you all the IP info you need. The IP address beside Default Gateway is that of your router. Usually it's 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.1. Make sure you are looking at the right adapter in the drop-down list at the top of this dialogue. The PPP adapter is your dial-up modem.

You can then connect to you router by using http://192.168.0.1 or whatever from IE. If you don't know the password of the router, that's another matter.... Does it not tell you in the docs anywhere?

Hope this helps.

> > I've just got green ADSL light on on my 3com homeconnect 3cp3647 ethernet modem.
> > What do I do now to get the PC recognise the modem and connect via the ADSL connection. Modem is connected directly via network port and xover button in on the modem.
> >
> > Help!!!
>
> Forgot to say I'm using Win95 on this PC but got 98 on the kids
>
>
>
> --
>

--
Come on Boro!
http://www.waynessa.co.uk/boro.htm