cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ADSL User -- Unsure If I've Set Things Up Right?

shellsong
Grafter

New ADSL User -- Unsure If I've Set Things Up Right?

Hi, I've recently signed up for my PlusNet ADSL account and I tried signing in with the bt_test_user@plusdsl.net details you gave in another thread. It seemed to connect fine and I was assigned an IP address, does this mean my service can be activated now or is there still something I need to wait for?
I assume that I shouldn't be able to connect to any websites using that username? I couldn't so if I should be able to maybe there's something wrong with my setup? :s

Thanks for any advice.
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: New ADSL User -- Unsure If I've Set Things Up Right?

> Hi, I've recently signed up for my PlusNet ADSL account and I tried signing in with the bt_test_user@plusdsl.net details you gave in another thread. It seemed to connect fine and I was assigned an IP address, does this mean my service can be activated now or is there still something I need to wait for?
> I assume that I shouldn't be able to connect to any websites using that username? I couldn't so if I should be able to maybe there's something wrong with my setup? :s
>
> Thanks for any advice.

Hi it looks like your enabled okay. You just need plusnet to activate your account. Offically they will not do this until BT advise them that your line is okay. However if you phone up plusnet support and ask nicely explaining you have estabilshed a connection they will phone BT and check. They give a disclaimer about problems (as they still need BT to officially tell em) but they set me on line within minutes. Pretty good service all in all.

Good luck - Cliff