cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 8Mb connection

Isitme
Grafter

New 8Mb connection

Firstly, thank you to James for expediting my upgrade as promised in THIS thread.

The new connection was applied this morning and BT speed tests show-
First Test done 1.2.07. at 10.30.am

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 2000 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1835 kbps

Second Test done 1.2.07 at 12.30.pm

IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1983 kbps

Third Test done 1.2.07 at 2.30.pm

IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1932 kbps

Do I need to do anything apart from what is shown in the 'Prepare for high speed...' section? I ask because my profile is still shown on the Data link checker as 2000 kbps. Will this profile increase automatically or do I have to do something?
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

New 8Mb connection

From your tests it can be seen that BT have already increased your profile at the exchange.
Therefore I think you could ask one of the COMMS here to raise it on the PN platform.

It's worth asking anyhow.
Isitme
Grafter

New 8Mb connection

Could some one please have a look at my connection setting. It is still shown as 2000kbps?

I am not sure whether this should be done here our whether I should raise a 'ticket'.
N/A

Same Problem

I'm having the same problem. I migrated from AOL a fortnight ago to the premier package. My current broadband speed is 8000 Kbps according to my connection settings page in plusnet member centre. I ran a bt speedtest and this is the result:
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 7616 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1805 kbps.

Please advise
N/A

New 8Mb connection

My problem is exactly the same as yours,but there was one day where my speed went up to 4176kbps but the rest of the time its at just under 2000kbps.can any body from plusnet help Huh?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

New 8Mb connection

Could some one please have a look at my connection setting. It is still shown as 2000kbps?

I am not sure whether this should be done here our whether I should raise a 'ticket'.

Hi,

Give your router/modem a reboot, should now be showing correctly.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Re: Same Problem

I'm having the same problem. I migrated from AOL a fortnight ago to the premier package. My current broadband speed is 8000 Kbps according to my connection settings page in plusnet member centre. I ran a bt speedtest and this is the result:
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 7616 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1805 kbps.

Please advise

Hi,

It looks like yoru problem is slightly different. When were you upgraded? It can sometimes take a few days for BT to update the speed (the IP profile in that speedtest is showing as 2000kbps when it should be higher), although they are normally pretty good at it these days. If you were regraded when you migrated across then please raise it via the broadband fault checker under connection settings on the left and include the speedtest result and we can look into it for you.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

New 8Mb connection

My problem is exactly the same as yours,but there was one day where my speed went up to 4176kbps but the rest of the time its at just under 2000kbps.can any body from plusnet help Huh?

Hi,

I've updated the speed profile on your account, give your modem/router a reboot to allow the change I've made to take effect and you should see an increase.
N/A

New 8Mb connection

Hi,

I've updated the speed profile on your account, give your modem/router a reboot to allow the change I've made to take effect and you should see an increase.

Problem solved Many thanks
Jerry
Isitme
Grafter

New 8Mb connection

test done 5.2.07 at 2.00.pm

IP profile for your line is - 6500 kbps
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 5486 kbps
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Test done at 9.00pm
Your current speed is:

47.30kbps

Which means you can download at 5.91 KB/sec. from our servers. Our results show that your current speed is below the level we would expect for your product, you may be able to increase the speed of your connection by adjusting your settings.

Now I am going to Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry it looks like surfing in the evening is a waste of time, I'm off to watch telly.