cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 1MB Extented limit ?

N/A

New 1MB Extented limit ?

I read the news about the new Imb extended limit with interest. I very recently applied to regrade my 512K line to 1Mb but was turn down as the noise level were around 60dB. So does this new extended limit mean I can reapply after sept 6th, and hopefully get it appoved this time ?
Cheesy
5 REPLIES
N/A

New 1MB Extented limit ?

It should, yes.

The changes are such, that any customer currently on 512Kb under the current limits, should be able to get 1Mb without issue.

However, there may be cases where BT have enabled users well above the current limits (false green results, but they work, so to hell with it), and can fail them.
N/A

New 1MB Extented limit ?

I guess PlusNet will be offering the upgrade on the 6th of sept. Once I apply for it, how long will it take to change from 512 to 1mb?
N/A

New 1MB Extented limit ?

Typically between 5-7 Days

This is the PN customer support section on upgrades.

The regrade process itself is performed by BT, typically 5 - 7 days after the regrade is ordered. You will experience minimum downtime (often no more than 20 minutes) and regrades are normally performed by BT between 2AM and 6AM

Aaron
N/A

New 1MB Extented limit ?

Thanks for the quick response Aaron!

[Moderator's note (by Chris P.): Please don't quote the preceding post in its entirety as this takes up more space than necessary - the quote tool is intended to highlight key sections of previous posts]
N/A

New 1MB Extented limit ?

Hi Fluffy,

just as a future reminder, It's best not to re-quote an entire reply back Wink

Aaron