cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Networking, Will this work?

N/A

Networking, Will this work?

Hi

I have a Speedtouch Pro Ethernet ADSL router and I would like to make it directly accessible to other PC,s without using an intermediate PC handling routing, would it be possible for me to hook the Speedtouch to a
wireless access point directly and have my other PC's connect to Internet directly via WLAN to the DSL router?

Need to know before i spend money on either a wireless access point or should i just buy a built in wireless dsl router and replace the speedtouch which is more expensive, my speedtouch has beeen very reliable and is easy to use so would like to keep it.

I have a fair bit of network experience but not wireless based im assuming a wireless access point behaves something like a revved up network switch hub
although i could be way wrong here.

All info appreciated

Ali
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Networking, Will this work?

no problem with what you are trying to do. your router does nat (?). its easy peasy lemon squeezy.
N/A

RE: Networking, Will this work?

this is the way i do it. I have 4 lan bsed pcs and one shared acroos the road on a wirless. Also use a accespoint so i can have 2 across the road and we all play cs on my broadband internet connection no probs